Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2016, 07:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
DA 18-135 WR - Help

Hello all,

I am having a wierd problem with my walk around lens (DA 18-135 lens). The lens is having auto focus issues. The barrel only moves slightly to autofocus and then quits focusing. Before i send it off to repair, i would like your thoughts on any ideas to check if its any other issue.. I would need the lens for my upcoming trip to India in the month of May.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Suresh

03-30-2016, 08:08 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Had this problem with mine a year ago. Had it repaired at Precision (non-warranty), worked for about 2 months. Sent it back again for repair (charged second time), worked for about a month. Sent it back again (charged third time), but complained to Ricoh. After a bit of back and forth RIcoh sent me a new lens.

When you use the zoom ring can you feel anything moving under the rubber ring? Mine had a 'bump' that could be felt there when it was not working. I suspect either a loose part or something broken off inside.

Anyway, nothing you can do, send it in and hope.
03-30-2016, 08:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you Jatrax. Will plan on sending it to Precision. Do you happen to remember how much they charged on the repair?

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Had this problem with mine a year ago. Had it repaired at Precision (non-warranty), worked for about 2 months. Sent it back again for repair (charged second time), worked for about a month. Sent it back again (charged third time), but complained to Ricoh. After a bit of back and forth RIcoh sent me a new lens.

When you use the zoom ring can you feel anything moving under the rubber ring? Mine had a 'bump' that could be felt there when it was not working. I suspect either a loose part or something broken off inside.

Anyway, nothing you can do, send it in and hope.
03-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sureshgvv Quote
Do you happen to remember how much they charged on the repair?
I PM'd you on that.