Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2016, 09:28 AM   #1

Help to dissasemble the "Me Super"

Hello, I have a litle problem with the me super, the cocking indocator wont work. I want to remove the top cover and take a look but i havent got any luck so fat in finding any guide to dissasemble it online, and i dont want to break anything. The most similar thing was a guide fot the k1000, me's predecesor. But my gues is the lever and the dials in this model are screwed into the mechanisms lying undernneath, since i tried and they wouldnt detach. If anyone has any info or a guide please help me! Thank you!
(I already tried the service manual available online but its no use for this stage.)

04-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

I don't know which service manual you are using, but you should be able to go forward with these two from pentax-manuals.com:

Pentax Manuals

The two you need are:
Pentax ME Service Manual
Pentax ME-S Service Manual
The basic instructions are in the ME manual with specific instructions in the ME-S manual. The Super Program Repair and Spares many also be useful.

Good luck!

Steve
04-04-2016, 01:52 PM   #3

look in this old thread!

lots of info!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/228514-me-su...it-sticky.html
05-10-2016, 06:03 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you everybody, and sorry for replying so late! its been a busy month at work and i haven't got any time for my new hobby. the guides you sent me were very useful, but I couldnt get to the core of the problem because of lack of tools. i have to get me a real spanner, otherwise I am going to scratch the parts.
thanks again!