Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-12-2016, 02:14 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Super Ultra Fast Warranty Repair at Precision!!

I sent my DA*55 1.4 for squeaking/slow/inaccurate focusing for repair under warranty. I can say I am very pleased so far with my first warranty and repair experience with Precision Camera. I shipped it from Vermont via USPS Priority on Saturday April 9. They received it later in the day yesterday (Monday, April 11), they replaced the SDM motor and it is now on its way back to me today (Tuesday April 12). I am scheduled to get the lens back tomorrow!

Last edited by dcpropilot; 04-12-2016 at 02:47 PM.
04-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had the same experience for sending in a used K-3 II that had the power-on glitch. They fixed the problem I acquired with the used camera bought from B&H and had the camera back out within a day.
04-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Awesome!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is very good news!!

I mailed my 16-85 to them on March 31st. I have not heard a word since.......................

04-12-2016, 05:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Probably wouldn't hurt to check in with them. They sat on my K-3 for months waiting for payment authorization.
04-12-2016, 08:00 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Outis Quote
Probably wouldn't hurt to check in with them. They sat on my K-3 for months waiting for payment authorization.
What he said...

Pentax can be slow about payment authorization. I would poke Precision and while you have them on the phone, ask who at Ricoh they talk with and poke them too.

Steve
04-13-2016, 10:24 AM   #7

This is good. Also, it is interesting that I had quite opposite experience and hopefully things improved since then. I had similar focusing/SDM problem with my DA* 16-50 and it was not fixed even after 3 rounds of repair. Wondering if I should give one more try.

04-13-2016, 11:56 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I would poke Precision and while you have them on the phone,
Called this morning but never got in touch with anyone. After awhile on hold the machine kicked me out of the queue and just gave me the option of emailing them or leaving a voice message.

I did find that they opened a repair ticket using my phone number, so updates are available on the website. They opened the Ticket April 5th, day after a receipt, and it has been listed as "in repair" ever since. So the good news is they actually have my lens in their ticket system and it did not just go into a black hole. The bad news is, no progress since the 5th, but that is only a week really so I guess now I wait. But at least I can look on the website and know my lens is in a little plastic tray someplace waiting for somebody to work on it.
04-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Had the same experience with my 18-135 lens repair.Was repaired in just a day...