Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
No... A dedicated m42 screw mount camera wouldn't have to remove the k mount adapter.
That's the simplicity of having two bodies. With one body, you either have to constantly be changing out the adapter to use normal pk lenses (this is a pain) or purchase an adapter for each lens (this starts getting expensive). So my K30 with the kipon adapter is essentially an m42 camera that always depresses the aperture pin and allows stop down metering - something the official pentax adapter does not do. On other threads, the kipon adapter was judged to be well built but difficult to remove, but since I never remove it no problem. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but I will say, the old lenses add a bit of fun and variety to shooting.

05-02-2016, 09:01 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ahah. Thanks for the info.

Will stop down metering still work if the aperture lever has stopped working ?

05-02-2016, 09:27 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ian.morgan Quote
Ahah. Thanks for the info.

Will stop down metering still work if the aperture lever has stopped working ?
On m42 it will. On a k mount set to stop down and not keep aperture open it will.