Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2016, 01:09 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
The warranty I was wanting is for the K-50. I can't afford the new camera and don't really want it anyway. It has a articulating screen and I never cared for those, yes, I know before someone tells me, it has a viewfinder but the other problem is, it's too big to fit my tiny hands.

The older version of the Pentax 2 Year Extension Warranty is still available at Tri-State Camera. Please note the web address/link to the product below. The price is stated as $14.95 with free shipping. I believe the standard policy coinciding with this product is to obtain it within 30 days of your Pentax camera purchase for it to be considered valid.

PENTAX | 2-Year Extended Warranty For All Current Digital Cameras (3 Years Total) *FREE SHIPPING* | 85716 | Tri-State Camera, Video, and Computer

Last edited by C_Jones; 04-23-2016 at 01:18 PM.
04-23-2016, 02:07 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
I believe the standard policy coinciding with this product is to obtain it within 30 days of your Pentax camera purchase for it to be considered valid.
That was what the Ricoh tech told me. But my initial post was about Ricoh's dead webpage said warranty could still be bought withn 2 months. Which turns out to be not true.
B&H you can still get the extended warranty if you buy it within 30 days of purchase.
04-23-2016, 03:48 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
For me, the $20 extended Pentax warranty for my K3 was a no brainer. If I don't need it, I'm a winner, if I do need it; I'm still a winner.
Carol remember your warranty includes one free service and cleaning. So even if you never need the warranty you can send your K3 in before it expires. That is my plan right now since I'm half way through my warranty.
04-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #34
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
Carol remember your warranty includes one free service and cleaning. So even if you never need the warranty you can send your K3 in before it expires. That is my plan right now since I'm half way through my warranty.
Thanks for the reminder Michael. I will send mine in for this service before the warranty expires.

04-23-2016, 05:56 PM   #35
Pentaxian

That was what the Ricoh tech told me. But my initial post was about Ricoh's dead webpage said warranty could still be bought withn 2 months. Which turns out to be not true.
B&H you can still get the extended warranty if you buy it within 30 days of purchase.
I thought maybe you were looking for where you could get the warranty and what was available for sale.
04-23-2016, 07:58 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I thought maybe you were looking for where you could get the warranty and what was available for sale.
Quite right but your post quoted below is the same problem I have. I have had the camera for a month and a half. The website that Quartermaster James posted and I went to, said Extended warranty was still available after 30 days. And if you read my findings on that, you'll know that's not true.

I believe the standard policy coinciding with this product is to obtain it within 30 days of your Pentax camera purchase for it to be considered valid.
04-23-2016, 09:08 PM   #37
Pentaxian

If you contact Pentax customer service at (800) 877-0155 (Toll-free), and explain to them what your predicament is, and that it is due to you being misinformed by an incorrect listing of information on the Ricoh site, they may be able to tell you what you can do. They may tell you that you are not at fault. which according to the circumstances you described you are not, and they may recommend that you still buy the warranty extension and advise you what to do if you ever have to send your camera to a service center. If you were misinformed I doubt if they are not going to take it into consideration. Most likely they will accomodate you and tell what to do next. They are available 8-5, Mountain Time. Talking to them would be the most direct appproach. I hope you are given an option per your being misinformed.

04-23-2016, 09:16 PM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

If you contact Pentax customer service at (800) 877-0155 (Toll-free), and explain to them what your predicament is, and that it is due to you being misinformed by an incorrect listing of information on the Ricoh site, they may be able to tell you what you can do. They may tell you that you are not at fault. which according to the circumstances you described you are not, and they may recommend that you still buy the warranty extension and advise you what to do if you ever have to send your camera to a service center. If you were misinformed I doubt if they are not going to take it into consideration. Most likely they will accomodate you and tell what to do next. They are available 8-5, Mountain Time. Talking to them would be the most direct appproach. I hope you are given an option per your being misinformed.
Did you not read my post on talking to Ricoh by phone? I've already done what you suggested and they still said that I could not get the extended warranty now because it was past the 30 days cut off.
04-24-2016, 09:21 AM   #39
Veteran Member

If my memory serves me correctly, the $20 warranty extension (from one year to three years total) actually listed for $50. Places like B&H and others were simply discounting it to $20. It could be the new $50 warranty for DSLRs under $1000 simply reflects Ricoh's better enforcement of the MSRP - kind of like MAP pricing. Also, to anyone about to purchase the extended warranty for their new Pentax DSLR, remember that $1000 line between the $110 and $50 options applies to MSRP, not some special, super discount. In the case of my K-3 a few months ago, the MSRP had indeed fallen to below $1000 but not as low as the $629 that B&H was selling it for at the time. So I still qualified fir the cheaper warranty.
04-24-2016, 05:42 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Did you not read my post on talking to Ricoh by phone? I've already done what you suggested and they still said that I could not get the extended warranty now because it was past the 30 days cut off.
I can see their reasoning in sticking with policy, on the other hand if the circumstances of incorrect information you mentioned were true, it is a situation that is not your fault. I can see your point. You may want to confide in another customer service agent and express your concerns. There is really not much else I can tell you that you don't already know. Good luck.
08-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@Adam is the old $15-$20 policy still valid for the K-1? They are still available for purchase at many authorized dealers. If it's not valid, then they are all providing false advertising, class action lawsuit city!
08-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
@Adam is the old $15-$20 policy still valid for the K-1? They are still available for purchase at many authorized dealers. If it's not valid, then they are all providing false advertising, class action lawsuit city!
No, but that warranty will still be valid for other K-mount cameras if you can buy it from a legitimate source along with a camera. Technically it's the dealers who aren't up-to-date with the latest warranty terms, and Pentax itself also makes things very unclear.

The new US extended warranty pricing is $30 for point and shoots, $50 for other cameras under $1000, $110 for cameras >= $1000, and $849 or $1999 for the 645Z. The latter two plans also include other extras, including loaner gear and accessories.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
No, but that warranty will still be valid for other K-mount cameras if you can buy it from a legitimate source along with a camera. Technically it's the dealers who aren't up-to-date with the latest warranty terms, and Pentax itself also makes things very unclear.

The new US extended warranty pricing is $30 for point and shoots, $50 for other cameras under $1000, $110 for cameras >= $1000, and $849 or $1999 for the 645Z. The latter two plans also include other extras, including loaner gear and accessories.
Thanks, I wonder if Adorama even knows this? They're still selling the old one without any K-1 exclusion.

http://www.adorama.com/ipxewpr.html
08-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
No. The K-1 warranty is $110. The Ricoh product code is ADVILC. To use the Extended Warranty you will need the warranty card, the camera receipt and the purchase receipt for the warranty itself, dated within 60 days of the camera receipt.

The $20 warranty card is for cameras with a List Price < $1,000.
08-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #45

I bought the 2 year for $17.95 with the K-70 from Adorama. I called Ricoh/Pentax to make sure it's still valid and the representative said it was. He did some research but couldn't find a reason why they wouldn't take it.

I guess as long as the old one's are still being sold they're valid.

Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional) 85716