Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2016, 05:35 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k70k1000 Quote
I bought the 2 year for $17.95 with the K-70 from Adorama. I called Ricoh/Pentax to make sure it's still valid and the representative said it was. He did some research but couldn't find a reason why they wouldn't take it.

I guess as long as the old one's are still being sold they're valid.

Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional) 85716
Yeah that's what I thought. I guess I'll call Pentax to verify. Seems like these should work for the K-1 as long as they're sold.

08-11-2016, 03:32 PM   #47

My email communication with Ricoh on January 4, 2016:

Thank you for contacting RICOH.

As long as you purchased the Extended Warranty within 30 days of your camera purchase it is valid. Product registration is NOT required for warranty coverage on your RICOH/PENTAX product. Keep your sales receipt (and extended warranty card if you purchased one) and send a copy of it with your product if you have to return it to us for warranty service.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION
PHONE: 800.234.0276 / 800.877.0155
08-15-2016, 03:51 PM   #48
Veteran Member

For the K-1 and the $110 extended warranty its ((( 60 ))) days from the date of Camera Purchase........... States it right on the Warranty Card from Ricoh Imaging !
08-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Yeah that's what I thought. I guess I'll call Pentax to verify. Seems like these should work for the K-1 as long as they're sold.
He K-1 and flagship APSc cameras (K-3II) are covered by the Advanced Camera Warranty, not by the one you linked. Tab warranty costs $110 for an additional 2 Years of protection.

08-16-2016, 06:47 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
He K-1 and flagship APSc cameras (K-3II) are covered by the Advanced Camera Warranty, not by the one you linked. Tab warranty costs $110 for an additional 2 Years of protection.
Yeah, that's clearly what they want us to buy, it's just odd that they didn't pull/re-describe the old warranties when they released the new ones.

I talked to a Ricoh rep about it yesterday, this was the conversation:
Me: "I noticed that the authorized dealers are still selling the old warranty which by description covers the K-1. Will Ricoh still honor these while they're still in stock?"
Rep: "How much is it?"
Me: "About $20"
Rep: "Nope, that's the wrong product"
Me: "Well I've seen the new one being sold as well, but it wasn't immediately obvious when I just searched for Pentax extended warranty. By all accounts, the wording on the old warranty looks valid for the K-1."
Rep: "but it doesn't cost enough, it should be at least $100"
Me: "Cost aside, if you had a customer purchase this thinking it covered the K-1, which by its verbiage should, are you saying you wouldn't honor it?"
Rep: "no it was the wrong product"
Me: "and when the customer points out that it says it should cover the K-1?"
Rep: "maybe they can get a refund from the store they bought the warranty"

I'm not going to buy either warranty for sure, but Ricoh sure needs to work on that customer service department... Sheesh!
08-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Yeah, that's clearly what they want us to buy, it's just odd that they didn't pull/re-describe the old warranties when they released the new ones.

I talked to a Ricoh rep about it yesterday, this was the conversation:
Me: "I noticed that the authorized dealers are still selling the old warranty which by description covers the K-1. Will Ricoh still honor these while they're still in stock?"
Rep: "How much is it?"
Me: "About $20"
Rep: "Nope, that's the wrong product"
Me: "Well I've seen the new one being sold as well, but it wasn't immediately obvious when I just searched for Pentax extended warranty. By all accounts, the wording on the old warranty looks valid for the K-1."
Rep: "but it doesn't cost enough, it should be at least $100"
Me: "Cost aside, if you had a customer purchase this thinking it covered the K-1, which by its verbiage should, are you saying you wouldn't honor it?"
Rep: "no it was the wrong product"
Me: "and when the customer points out that it says it should cover the K-1?"
Rep: "maybe they can get a refund from the store they bought the warranty"

I'm not going to buy either warranty for sure, but Ricoh sure needs to work on that customer service department... Sheesh!
RIAC doesn't control the Dealer websites, though they really ought to point this out. The actual warranty card is descriptive. If someone buys the wrong one they could likely return it and buy the right one.

I bought the K-1 warranty.
08-16-2016, 05:56 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think the K-3ii is covered by the $18 extended warranty. It better be. It was the only one available when I bought mine.

08-17-2016, 08:25 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have found the best Pentax warranty is buying a used camera that's a few years old and was originally manufactured at least 6 months after initial release. They all seem to either be crap very quickly or last forever, which would suggest quality control rather than design issues are more common.

I think if I were buying new I would be willing to buy a K-1 on black Friday and just stick with the 1 year warranty since most QC bugs show up by then if you really use the crap out of it.
08-17-2016, 08:31 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

^^ That's all logical. But I have had mine since May 6th, and I'm good for three years if something des show up. $4 a month is cheap for no worries.
10-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #55

if you have the extended warranty for the k-50 ($20 ) i know that entitles you to a free check-up / cleaning of the body.

does it also include a check-up of a lens as well?

i could have sworn i read that somewhere the check-up cleaning includes body and lens.

if so, which lens? either the 18-55 or 18-135?

thanks
10-25-2016, 09:21 AM   #56

^^^
Reviewing my K50 Pentax Extended Warranty card I can find no mention of the lens, just "Pentax camera". Technically a camera body only becomes a camera when it has a lens.
Ricoh invites: "For further questions please call: 1-800-234-0276
10-25-2016, 02:44 PM   #57

QuoteOriginally posted by bearsound Quote
^^^
Reviewing my K50 Pentax Extended Warranty card I can find no mention of the lens, just "Pentax camera". Technically a camera body only becomes a camera when it has a lens.
Ricoh invites: "For further questions please call: 1-800-234-0276
so does this mean when you send you camera body for repair you include the 18-135 lens with it so they can check / clean both?
10-26-2016, 07:10 AM   #58
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lgbalfa Quote
so does this mean when you send you camera body for repair you include the 18-135 lens with it so they can check / clean both?
I'm positive this service covers only the camera body. You have a warranty on the body, not any lenses; when you purchase the body. If you send in a lens with the body, if they check/clean it; you no doubt will be charged for the service on the lens. I bought the $20 extended warranty when I purchased my K3 to cover the body only.

Last edited by csa; 10-26-2016 at 07:18 AM.
07-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #59

Or to EU. Here even iron ball comes with compulsory two year guarantee. But you pay 40%-80% more upfront...

-----
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Move to Canada. Here Pentax comes with a two year warranty.
07-24-2017, 07:13 PM   #60
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Will be getting the 2 year warranty but now I am a bit confused is the one from http://tristatecamera.com/product/PENTAX_2-Year_Extended_Warranty_For_All_Cu...=&sti=19306615 the same as the one from B&H? If it is I will be getting it from Tristatecamera.