Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #16
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19
I had mine replaced a couple years ago and it's starting to fail again, about 20K exposures later.

09-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #17
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 962
QuoteOriginally posted by nihonsuki Quote
I had mine replaced a couple years ago and it's starting to fail again, about 20K exposures later.
I hope for your sake it is not the shutter block
09-07-2016, 07:04 PM   #18
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19
The symptoms are exactly the same: one or two initial underexposed pictures after the camera has not been used for a few hours, gradually getting worse (happening more often and more underexposed shots). Today I followed the repair procedure for the solenoid armature and I'll see if that fixes it.
11-20-2016, 03:15 PM   #19
Site Supporter
patrick9's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,335
QuoteOriginally posted by nihonsuki Quote
Today I followed the repair procedure for the solenoid armature and I'll see if that fixes it.
What repair procedure? Mine failed a few weeks ago. I just had it repaired( Not part replaced). It is working fine, But not sure how they fixed it other that some things I have read towards a repair of the solenoid. All I know is the fellow that repaired it said it was a fairly easy repair.

11-20-2016, 03:50 PM   #20
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/151-pentax-k-30-k-50/321871-k-30-k-50-ape...available.html

So far the repair is holding up.

Last edited by nihonsuki; 11-20-2016 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added information.
11-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #21
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19
QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
I am facing a repair of the Diaphragm Control Block on my K-S2, same as many K-30 and K-50 owners....

If you had your camera repaired, did it stay repaired? Or did they install the same flawed design of ACB and it will eventually fail/has failed again?
First repair lasted a couple years, ~20,000 exposures. Did the second repair myself (using instructions found on the Forum) and after a few months it's still holding up.
11-23-2016, 04:27 AM   #22
Site Supporter
patrick9's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,335
QuoteOriginally posted by nihonsuki Quote
This is the repair I assume that Mark did on my K30. I was unwilling to try it myself because I was uncertain of the rough translation.
It is good to know it worked for you.
12-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #23
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 962
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
This is the repair I assume that Mark did on my K30. I was unwilling to try it myself because I was uncertain of the rough translation.
It is good to know it worked for you.
I think you just need to demagnetize the solenoid horse shoe , no big deal but you need a horse shoe magnet . Then you run this solenoid magnet over the big magnet and rotate in many different directions to achieve demagnetization . then reassemble it

12-26-2016, 05:05 AM   #24
Site Supporter
patrick9's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,335
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
I think you just need to demagnetize the solenoid horse shoe , no big deal but you need a horse shoe magnet . Then you run this solenoid magnet over the big magnet and rotate in many different directions to achieve demagnetization . then reassemble it
My understanding ( from what I have read) is that you also need to enlarge the air gap a hair after demagnetizing it. Otherwise the issue will return.
12-27-2016, 02:28 PM   #25
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 962
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
My understanding ( from what I have read) is that you also need to enlarge the air gap a hair after demagnetizing it. Otherwise the issue will return.
No it is the magnetization of the armature that causes the sticktion .
12-27-2016, 06:51 PM   #26
Site Supporter
patrick9's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,335
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
No it is the magnetization of the armature that causes the sticktion .
Understand that. By opening the gap my understanding is that the magnet is weaker or moved enough to keep the solenoid from becoming magnetized
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture control block, block, control, pentax service, repair, service, warranty
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-30 / K-50 Aperture Block Failue - Repair Solution available Altglas Pentax K-30 & K-50 596 3 Minutes Ago 05:30 AM
Fixed aperture lens question alexorange Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 14 07-03-2015 06:00 AM
Using a fixed aperture manual lens and green button ripper2860 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 12 06-06-2014 09:25 PM
Fixed-aperture lenses Adam Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 05-29-2010 10:26 PM
Has anyone ever repaired a Yashica GSN? KungPOW General Talk 5 08-27-2008 02:47 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top