Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-23-2016, 04:52 PM   #31
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
If I lose my sense of humor, then I lose. One of my favorite quotes is, "Every time you get upset at something, ask yourself if you were to die tomorrow, was it worth wasting your time being angry?"

Sharlene at Precision was very apologetic about getting my email address wrong. It took here almost an hour to get it to me. She called me a number of times to ask me if I got it, so I know she was doing her best.

Of course, as soon as I get the UPS shipping slip, Pentax emails me a UPS shipping slip. So, now it's going to go to Pentax. I'm not wanting to email Sharlene at Precision after all her hard work. Oh well, I know I'm better off letting it go to Pentax.

That's interesting.. so they had you ship the camera to a different address from the one in Enfield, CT? Is it going to Colorado by chance?

I wonder if they actually have a private repair facility, will ship it to a different Pentax repair facility somewhere in the world, or if they are just going to send you a new camera.. Please keep us posted!!

06-23-2016, 06:00 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I wonder if they actually have a private repair facility, will ship it to a different Pentax repair facility somewhere in the world, or if they are just going to send you a new camera.. Please keep us posted!!
If it is going to CO, my bets are that he will be getting a new body or at the very least will have Pentax brokering the repair directly.

Steve

(...a real, honest-to-goodness factory repair station would be nice, however...)
06-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
That's interesting.. so they had you ship the camera to a different address from the one in Enfield, CT? Is it going to Colorado by chance?

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If it is going to CO, my bets are that he will be getting a new body or at the very least will have Pentax brokering the repair directly.

Steve

(...a real, honest-to-goodness factory repair station would be nice, however...)

The guy who I talked to at Pentax said it was going to Pentax Corporate. Either way is fine with me, if they fix it, or replace it. When I told the guy that Precision sent me a one day UPS shipping, he said,

"We don't want to send it there, because at this point they might surprise us & do some thing positive".

So Pentax is more than aware of the problems there. Makes me wonder if they're going to stay with them.

If I was Pentax, I would hold off payment for 3 times my camera was sent to them. Maybe that's why they want to have it. Once they see what the problem & see it is broken they won't pay them.

Anyway, every time I get it back, I'm excited just to hold it for a day. It really is a great camera, & I have to say I think I like it even more than my K-1.
06-24-2016, 02:21 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Been saying it for a while, Precision needs competition

06-24-2016, 05:29 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
Been saying it for a while, Precision needs competition
Precision needs precision.
06-24-2016, 02:29 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
Precision needs precision.
And need parts and SPEED
07-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
UPDATE:

It's been 9 1/2 weeks since my little sweetheart left me to end up playing Elizabeth McGraw (Kim Basinger) in the before mentioned movie. I'll leave the twisted parable similarities to your own conclusions.

My camera has been at Pentax for about a week. They were able to look at it on Monday and found that it was indeed broken & didn't work. They are waiting on the part and will email me when completed.