Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
That's about the best outcome I could ask for at this point in time.
Cool! You should not have had to jump through these last few hoops. It would have been nice if on their original summary, they had detailed something like, "tested camera against known good HDMI test harness and was able to connect successfully at all camera settings..." (I know...in my wildest dreams...)

Steve

06-08-2016, 01:09 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hope This Helps

So, I'm about to pack it up and take it to the UPS store. I added a few labels and a note in hopes they will see the problem. I also made sure that at the bottom of the letter I put:

I'm just having fun with ya all, but please fix the HDMI OUT PORT.

Here's some shots before it heads into the dark abode.

Click on the picture to see full size.
Fix HDMI

06-09-2016, 10:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've had my share of horror stories in camera repair, from Canon to Nikon to he who shall remain nameless because everyone else considers him a god. The one I haven't had is sending something in for repair and it comes back in the same condition (other than HWSRN). It boggles the mind that nobody seems to have even read what you put in your repair request.
06-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well this is beyond crazy. I got my K-3ll back today for the 3rd time. They added a note to check the hdmi cord. I've tried so many from Amazon to Best Buy and it just doesn't work. At this point I've not been able to use my camera for 7 weeks and the thought of sending it back again would be stupid on my part. I went thru every cable I have and all work with my K-1, but nothing with the K-3ll. So, I'll call Pentax tomorrow and Precision again. But I'm ready to file a complaint with BBB.

Last edited by glee46; 06-21-2016 at 04:09 PM.
06-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I took it over to Best Buy to let the Geek Squad test it. They tried a number of cables, & monitors. Same thing. Nothing! To me Precision knows it's the HDMI port and not a cable, but they're just being A...'s. Every time I would call Precision to talk with Eli who was going to walk it threw each phase, they would not let me talk to her. So now we're coming up on 2 months and this is more than a nightmare. I'll call both Pentax & Precision, and we'll go from there. Also, this time when my camera came back it has small minor scratches on the back LED and they left an 8 gig card in it. On it was pictures of a few employees and shots of Canon, Sony and other brands being tortured. :-)
06-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Called Precision 6:00 am my time & they said Eli is not in. Nice lady apologized and is sending me another One Day UPS shipping paper. I had to get her to promise that it would be checked by upper management before it's sent back to me. I told them that if they can get it to work with one of their cables, send me the cable and I'll pay full price for it, plus shipping it back to them. I'm still calling Pentax as soon as they are open, and filing a BBB complaint as well. It's the last thing I want to do, as I think BBB complaints are going to come back & bite me in the butt. I don't want to be the reason anyone doesn't buy a great camera like the K-3ll or any of the other fine lineup of camera's. However, this is the 4th time and it looks like I won't get it back for a few weeks, which will make it over 2 months that I've not been able to use my camera.

Am I being unreasonable to ask Pentax to extend my 1 yr warranty for 2 months?
06-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You should definitely notify Pentax Corporate about it. If it doesn't work, and hasn't been fixed, it needs to be resolved.
I've never tried the HDMI output, I'll have to do so.

06-22-2016, 12:57 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The lady at Precision say I would get a shipping slip for UPS within 10 to 20 mins. It's been almost 7 hours. I called Pentax this morning & they are going to see if they can send it to Corp office to fix it. I called Precision to let them know I didn't receive my shipping slip. They enter my email address in wrong. This woman told me she would pass on a note with my email address and hung up. I called Pentax back and found out Precision had given them my wrong email address and my home address.

Pentax told me that they get every report from Precision which is nice to know, but they don't connect the dots that it wasn't fixed the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time. My money is on Pentax to do something, so we'll wait & see.
06-23-2016, 01:00 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Am I being unreasonable to ask Pentax to extend my 1 yr warranty for 2 months?
It's typical with many (for example, both Yamaha and Apple) products for the manufacturer to warrant repaired parts for 90 days.
06-23-2016, 04:57 AM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

What a horror story. :-(

06-23-2016, 06:19 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
What a horror story. :-(
I've been going to the Veterans Administration (VA) Hospital for over 44 yrs. I'm use to the abuse and incompetence. Everything else is a cake walk.

There's a few nice women over at Precision. Eli & Charlene. Charlene sounds like she's a few years beyond retirement, but she's a sweetheart & makes almost as many mistakes as myself. As the saying goes, "There's light at the end of the tunnel" And I'm just hoping it's not a train coming my way.
06-23-2016, 07:39 AM   #27
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I do appreciate the fact that you retain your sense of humor throughout this ordeal! Something like this should never happen to a customer! I do hope that you get it resolved in your favor very soon by Pentax!
06-23-2016, 11:12 AM - 3 Likes   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Well, I do appreciate the fact that you retain your sense of humor throughout this ordeal! Something like this should never happen to a customer! I do hope that you get it resolved in your favor very soon by Pentax!
If I lose my sense of humor, then I lose. One of my favorite quotes is, "Every time you get upset at something, ask yourself if you were to die tomorrow, was it worth wasting your time being angry?"

Sharlene at Precision was very apologetic about getting my email address wrong. It took here almost an hour to get it to me. She called me a number of times to ask me if I got it, so I know she was doing her best.

Of course, as soon as I get the UPS shipping slip, Pentax emails me a UPS shipping slip. So, now it's going to go to Pentax. I'm not wanting to email Sharlene at Precision after all her hard work. Oh well, I know I'm better off letting it go to Pentax.
06-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been going to the Veterans Administration (VA) Hospital for over 44 yrs. I'm use to the abuse and incompetence. Everything else is a cake walk.

There's a few nice women over at Precision. Eli & Charlene. Charlene sounds like she's a few years beyond retirement, but she's a sweetheart & makes almost as many mistakes as myself. As the saying goes, "There's light at the end of the tunnel" And I'm just hoping it's not a train coming my way.
Fantastic attitude, Glee - all of us should have your perspective.
06-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Fantastic attitude, Glee - all of us should have your perspective.
How true