Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So Far, So Good with Precision

My son's two year old K-50 developed the aperture block problem so I told him he had to send it in for repair on the extended warranty. Since his June schedule only has about a week at home. he brought it and handed it off to me to take care of the return. I went online and got the shipping label and shipped it off the next evening (June1). It was delivered to Precision on Friday afternoon (June 3). Thursday afternoon (June 9) Precision called and said my Credit Card was bad. I think the credit card was still in the system from a couple years ago. I gave her the correct number and she mentioned about an estimate (ut-oh!) I told her that it should be under extended warranty, she said they did not have the warranty information (it was with the same paper that they got my phone number from, they somehow lost it). Anyway she asked if I could email it in which I did after getting home from work. They called again the next day and said they had everything, the warranty work was approved, and the camera would be fixed withing a week. I checked the status again Friday night, still showing in repair, this morning just for the heck of it I checked again and whoa! Now as long as it is fixed correctly, and it they should be able to do this repair in their sleep, I'll be very happy.

Name:  Status.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  232.3 KB

06-12-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
My son's two year old K-50 developed the aperture block problem so I told him he had to send it in for repair on the extended warranty. Since his June schedule only has about a week at home. he brought it and handed it off to me to take care of the return. I went online and got the shipping label and shipped it off the next evening (June1). It was delivered to Precision on Friday afternoon (June 3). Thursday afternoon (June 9) Precision called and said my Credit Card was bad. I think the credit card was still in the system from a couple years ago. I gave her the correct number and she mentioned about an estimate (ut-oh!) I told her that it should be under extended warranty, she said they did not have the warranty information (it was with the same paper that they got my phone number from, they somehow lost it). Anyway she asked if I could email it in which I did after getting home from work. They called again the next day and said they had everything, the warranty work was approved, and the camera would be fixed withing a week. I checked the status again Friday night, still showing in repair, this morning just for the heck of it I checked again and whoa! Now as long as it is fixed correctly, and it they should be able to do this repair in their sleep, I'll be very happy.
Nice!
06-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The jury i still out on my K3. It went out in mid May. I did get a call from them and they said it would be back Mid-June, and it is now mid June. It sounds like its a parts issue, and I get it, but I am waiting. I REALLY appreciate that they called me though; I can't say I've had any company do that before.

06-14-2016, 06:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The K-50 was delivered today and works as new.
Explanation of Repairs:
A COMPLETE REPAIR AND RETURN ALL FUNCTIONS TO FACTORY SPECS

AUTO FOCUS TEST, CHECK, RECALIBRATION AND REALIGNMENT
FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD, CORRECTIONS AND ADJUSTMENTS, ADDRESS VALUES MEASURED AND ADJUSTED
COMPLETE CLEANING (INTERNAL-EXTERNAL) AND OPTICAL SYSTEM.

Description of Parts Used
DIAPHRAMG CONTROL BLOCK

Interesting that the wording is exactly the same as on my 2014 K-30 repair, even the misspelling "diaphramg".

I'm pretty happy this time around. It was actually fast enough my son could have got it back before he flies to Spain on Thursday, but my K-50 will be making that trip with him. It's nice to have an available loaner in the family.
06-14-2016, 06:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

are you sure you are not on their payroll. LOL
06-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
are you sure you are not on their payroll. LOL
I had so many bad posts about them when CRIS and Precision had my K-30 for 3 months in 2014. I'm pretty happy with the improvement and have to give them credit.

06-15-2016, 05:44 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup yours is definately not the norm