Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #46
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by phat_bog Quote
Anyway, seems i'm much more loyal to Pentax than you are. I wouldn't change the brand, like you would
I said I would change brands before I would ever boycott a brand, which you are encouraging. So don't say I'm not loyal to Pentax; these personal digs do not make your argument any stronger.

06-30-2016, 12:00 PM   #47
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
he got a new camera ? I don't see any comment mentioned that @__@
My error; I thought he was getting a new one from Ricoh..
07-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Frankly, I would never join a boycott against Pentax. If I'm that unhappy with my Pentax products, I'll simply go to another brand.
Carol, I agree that a boycott is ridiculous and nonproductive, but voicing a complaint is a worthy deed. We can't keep on burying our heads in the sand in denial that Pentax service is in serious need of some very necessary upgrades. While I don't agree with every complaint, and some seem frivilous, there is ample evidence that there are serious problems that must be addressed....would you agree?

Regards!
07-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #49
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Of course I agree that the service needs upgrading! However, I did not say voicing a complaint was not the thing to do, if one gets unacceptable service! Boycotting a product is simply depriving one of buying the brand equipment we want/need, and in the end do little to get Pentax's attention.

07-02-2016, 12:35 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In France, they kinda ignore "complaints" after you pay your things, I had experience before with some services like that, I sent many official complaints (via telephone, mail, letters...) without any success. I had to file a lawsuit and as soon as they receive the letter from the court for the first meeting, they magically resolve the problem at a HSS flash speed and ask me to drop the lawsuit, I don't need to go any further So clients have to "push" a little bit sometimes to get what they pay for. Situations may differ from other countries though.
07-03-2016, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
I purchase from Home Depot and Lowes quite a lot for "This Old House" here.
On the few occasions where the goods are not good I just walk in the door to the returns counter.
No questions, all they do is reverse the transaction, with to option to get another one or keep the cash reversal.

But photo gear ? -different culture I think
Reading different threads here over the years may show why. I have seen comment after comment of people that buy lens just to see if they like them, then send them back if they don't, not defective, but just not what they thought they would be. And then the other comments that people think they got a used lens because it wasn't packaged right. So what do you do with these perfectly ok lenses that were used? I can see why manufacturers are skeptical. BTW, Lowes and Home Depot eat a lot of damaged returns, then resell them at a fraction of the original price to try to break even. But I think they have a lot higher markup to work with (on most items) than cameras manufacturers, just my guess, But then when they can fluctuate with prices so much, maybe that's completely wrong.