Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2016, 03:55 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great News After 72 Days

There was a knock on my door today and when I got there I found a package from FedEx. ( I got a notice I was to receive a package today, but didn't know from who)
It was my K3ll back from Pentax/Ricoh. I opened it & found a brand new K3ll. It works perfectly including the HDMI port.

I'm very happy to have my K3ll back and it being new even happier. I'm not even going to go into what happened at Precision. All that matters is that Pentax did the right thing & I didn't even have to ask. From the time it went to Pentax & back to me was under two weeks. If I had it all up from the time it went to Precision it was 2 months, 1 week, 4 days. (72 days)

Thanks to all who offered advice & followed the drama.

Last edited by glee46; 07-15-2016 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Left a few words out.
07-15-2016, 04:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
There was a knock on my door today and when I got there I found a package from FedEx. ( I got a notice I was to receive a package today, but didn't know from who)
It was my K3ll back from Pentax/Ricoh. I opened it & found a brand new K3ll. It works perfectly including the HDMI port.

I'm very happy to have my K3ll back and it being new even happier. I'm not even going to go into what happened at Precision. All that matters is that Pentax did the right thing & I didn't even have to ask. From the time it went to Pentax & back to me was under two weeks. If I had it all up from the time it went to Precision it was 2 months, 1 week, 4 days. (72 days)

That is truly AMAZING,guess Ricoh does watch this Forum.
07-15-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Great to hear- this is how it should be when a repair isn't possible.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

That is great news Gary! And it gives a ray of hope to others whom may find themselves in a similar situation right now, or in the future.

Nice job Ricoh/PENTAX for doing the right thing.

07-15-2016, 08:35 PM   #5
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote

Woohoo. New camera. They have a policy, iirc, of 3x and replacement if under warranty. I think after a couple of months, I would expect they have no idea how to repair it and it is quicker to just replace the copy with a new one than prodding on the old copy.

Glad it ended well for you!