Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
need advice for broken flash

I feel sick. I was on a photo shoot today, and my flash fell off the light stand. I fastened it good, but the bracket gave out. Now my flash won't come on. It's the af540 fgz. Does anyone know if this can be repaired? I'm not getting my hopes up, but if it's possible you guys would know. Thanks.

07-16-2016, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Now my flash won't come on.

Sorry to hear that news Tina. If your flash wont power up at all, hopefully it is just a broken core in one or more of your batteries. Change them all and see if that works. The fact that is does not turn on indicates to me that it is batteries or a battery contacts issue. Good luck.

EDIT - does the housing show any cracks or any other damage Tina?

Last edited by pjv; 07-16-2016 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Added question
07-16-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Sorry to hear that news Tina. If your flash wont power up at all, hopefully it is just a broken core in one or more of your batteries. Change them all and see if that works. The fact that is does not turn on indicates to me that it is batteries or a battery contacts issue. Good luck.

EDIT - does the housing show any cracks or any other damage Tina?
Oh! It just turned on! I inspected the housing. There were no cracks, but the seam on one side was open. I snapped it back together and it still didn't work. Just changed the batteries, and it worked! I didn't think about the batteries being damaged from the fall.

---------- Post added 07-16-16 at 09:05 PM ----------

Thank you for your fast response, pvj. My day just got a whole lot better!
07-16-2016, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #4
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Thank you for your fast response, pvj. My day just got a whole lot better!

Glad to be of help Tina.