Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2016, 06:15 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
k50 will not turn off without battery removal

hi pentaxians,can you help,.my k50 has worked flawlessly ,software is correct ,now when i turn it on it will not turn off without battery removal,?

08-10-2016, 07:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

You may want to try turning it on/off without a card in it, and make sure the battery is fully charged prior to doing it. Also, when utilizing it with a card, make sure the card is formatted in the camera to be used prior to use.

Otherwise, if it is an ongoing occurrence, I am not sure what it could be, other than possibly a faulty on/off switch or wiring/circuitry.
08-10-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
Forum Member

Are you saying that when you switch the camera off and remove the battery, upon replacing the battery the camera remains off or does it turn on when the battery is replaced with the switch still in the off position.
If it were a faulty switch it would probably power up when the battery was replaced - so it could well be a circuit issue. Have you tried wiggling the switch when turned off if it is a loose switch it may glitch if you can wiggle the switch (although the on-off switch on my K30 is rock solid)

cheers

P.S. Avoid the temptation to perform impact therapy as this will probably make matter worse.
08-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Papatomkat Quote
hi pentaxians,can you help,.my k50 has worked flawlessly ,software is correct ,now when i turn it on it will not turn off without battery removal,?
If this has happened once or twice, it's perfectly normal. Just make sure you charge your battery before it's completely dry to reduce the risk of freezes.

On the other hand, if it happens every time, your camera may need servicing.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-10-2016, 07:29 PM   #5
Forum Member

i had it happen with mine just a few times. not sure how charged the battery was. doesn't usually happen with mine though.
08-11-2016, 06:00 AM   #6

Original Poster
thanks for the replies guys ! the problem seems to be my 18-55 lens,i replaced it with my 80-200 and problem seems to have gone,.i will try to borrow another 18-55 to check and follow up later ,tyvm !
08-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #7
Forum Member

interesting... pretty sure when i've had the issue it was with my sigma 17-50 f2.8 attached as was my favourite lens on that body.