Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #1

Light sensor off?

Hi,

I've had my K-30 for about 4, 5 years now. It has all been fine until yesterday.

Yesterday I had a chance to go on a walk for some photography. However, all the pictures I took is really really dark.

Under day light, at ISO 100, automatic mode, I need to up the -/+ meter all the way to +5 to get a "normal", properly exposed photo. At first I thought it's a lens problem, but doesn't change a thing when after I made a switch. It's not too long ago since I took a photo, and they are properly stored in my camera bag since, no bump, no drop, nothing.

I asked a friend and he said it could be my metering sensor is off.

Any idea what could be the problem?
Why it'd occur?
Any way I can fix it besides sending for a repair service?

Thank you.

08-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like the infamous aperture block failure. Some members have reported that using AA batteries will temporarily fix the issue, but ultimately the camera does need to be serviced or replaced.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2016, 06:51 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yea, I bring to a local store, and it's the aperture block failure. The fixing cost is more than buying a new one, so....
Bye bye Pentax, it's been great, but now I'm a Nikonian =)