Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Metz - dropped and broken:(

Hi

I have tried to google this, but can't see to find what I am looking for; could be it is not possible. My Metx 50AF-1 flash never really tightened on my camera or trigger... it dropped, it doesn't work, I can hear something rattling around inside of it. Is there anywhere to repair the flash? Metz website is of no use to me. I can't even find a 'contact us' so that I can email them. thank you to anybody who can answer this.

09-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tweet25 Quote
Metz - dropped and broken
Hi tweet25. Found this link for you, top right corner---- contact us. Hope this helps. They may know a Canadian contact.

Welcome to Metz.US
09-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi tweet25. Found this link for you, top right corner---- contact us. Hope this helps. They may know a Canadian contact.

Welcome to Metz.US
thank you

---------- Post added 09-10-16 at 08:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote

Welcome to Metz.US
doesn't want Canadians but I'll try thanks
09-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The Canadian Metz products are serviced by Amplis Foto Inc. in Toronto, to be exact in Markham.

It is the same distributor/service as for Tamron products.

You can email them at service@amplis.com and on the Canadian Metz webpage just follow the instructions under warranty info...

I think that this will help you.

All the best.

Last edited by RAART; 09-10-2016 at 08:43 PM.
09-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't even find a 'contact us' so that I can email them. thank you to anybody who can answer this.
Quick Google search came up with:

Metz Flash Canada TTL Flash for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic and FujiFilm

See bottom of this page for a contact email address.
09-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #6

Original Poster
thank you all very much for the info as anybody ever had a flash repaired? or is it like TV's when they go, just garbage ?
09-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #7

Original Poster
well the email link for the Canadian site comes back as NOPE not a real email address ??? and no reply from the US site

09-13-2016, 01:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I do not know where the problem is... I emailed them before and was working. There is another email address where you can email them: info@amplis.com

Go here and see all contact info: Contact Us - Amplis

BTW I provided you before with name of the service provider, in this case Amplis Foto Inc. and you should learn how to use web search... I do not mind posting again the link and you can call them even. I do not see where is the problem finding contact info...

09-13-2016, 06:35 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks I will try calling, links and contacts are good as long as they work.
Oh btw I know how to search, I was hoping to find somebody who had a broken flash repaired. Maybe a little bit of insight if it was even possible.
09-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Thanks I will try calling, links and contacts are good as long as they work.
Oh btw I know how to search, I was hoping to find somebody who had a broken flash repaired. Maybe a little bit of insight if it was even possible.
No problem at all, just was wondering why you did not google Amplis Foto Inc.
Anyway I think that you should read again the instructions on the Metz Canada webpage, especially this...

"There is no need to register for your warranty.

If you have a service claim, please return the product to the dealer from whom it was purchased.

To the Dealer: Please pack equipment carefully, insure it and ship it prepaid. Amplis will pay the return shipping. Also include customer invoice as proof of purchase as well as a detailed description of the problem."

---------- Post added 09-13-16 at 09:49 AM ----------

Unless you like to pay for the repair by yourself without involving warranty (2 years) claims.
09-13-2016, 07:06 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
No problem at all, just was wondering why you did not google Amplis Foto Inc.
Anyway I think that you should read again the instructions on the Metz Canada webpage, especially this...

"There is no need to register for your warranty.

If you have a service claim, please return the product to the dealer from whom it was purchased.

To the Dealer: Please pack equipment carefully, insure it and ship it prepaid. Amplis will pay the return shipping. Also include customer invoice as proof of purchase as well as a detailed description of the problem."

---------- Post added 09-13-16 at 09:49 AM ----------

Unless you like to pay for the repair by yourself without involving warranty (2 years) claims.
I read that about not registering for warranty. The flash is over 2 years old (just) and I dropped it. When my camera fell off the desk (thank you granddaughter) I paid pentax to repair it.
I will see where I can mail it in Canada and get a quote on repairs if possible. thanks have a great day!
09-13-2016, 07:13 AM   #12
Veteran Member

It will be probably cheaper to get repair done somewhere in BC... Those volks at Amplis (been personaly there few times) are good and communicative but as long as you have to mail it there and get repair estimate then it will get expensive. On the other hand they have all OEM parts and for sure they can fix it... Also many times they have amazing discounts if you purchase something from them... currently they have 64 AF-1 for 460$ canadian. You just have to check their webpage regularly.
09-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
It will be probably cheaper to get repair done somewhere in BC... Those volks at Amplis (been personaly there few times) are good and communicative but as long as you have to mail it there and get repair estimate then it will get expensive. On the other hand they have all OEM parts and for sure they can fix it... Also many times they have amazing discounts if you purchase something from them... currently they have 64 AF-1 for 460$ canadian. You just have to check their webpage regularly.
I can't think of anywhere in BC, I live up north and I end up buying some Pentax stuff from London Drugs in Prince George of all places and that is still a 6 hour drive. I buy most stuff online, I think me and one other person in the neighbouring town shoot Pentax.. lol..