Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2016, 08:25 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
In my experience for 2 warranty repairs, Precision neither answers the phone nor returns emails. The only way to deal with them is through a form on their website, plus paper when you ship your lens.
Not my experience.

Steve

09-15-2016, 05:40 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I got a reply on it. They said the repair estimate is 306 dollars, but may be more, and they get to determine if it is warranty or not.
09-15-2016, 11:07 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I got a reply on it. They said the repair estimate is 306 dollars, but may be more, and they get to determine if it is warranty or not.
The warranty confirmation is a pain and a common reason for long turn-around on warranty repairs. The sequence on goes something like this:
  • You send item and warranty documentation to Precision
  • They check the camera into their system and contact Ricoh/Pentax requesting warranty authorization.
  • Everything gets put on hold until Ricoh/Pentax responds (waiting...waiting...waiting)
  • Ricoh/Pentax responds either yea or nay
  • If nay, you will be sent a firm estimate and work will proceed on your approval
  • If yea, the repairs will be done or a replacement will be sent (no idea how this is determined)
The whole process is fairly loosely coupled with Ricoh/Pentax only being vaguely aware of the warranty work in process at Precision and Precision being generally unaware of any communication you might have had with Ricoh/Pentax regarding your item. Lovely, eh?

Steve
09-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I sent it in insured via priority mail. They said 5-7 days turnaround from when they get it. Cost 47.50 for shipping and postage. ouch.