Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #1

Sparepart for Pentax 8-16x21 Zoom Binoculars - email address ?

Hi,
I lost one of the eye-side lense ocular of my Pentax 8-16x21 Zoom Binoculars. Unfortunately the ocular disconnected from the binoculars while I was using them on a ship. It fell down and disappeared in the river. No big deal to get it replaced was my first thought. But it turned out to be more than tricky.

The local repair representative for Pentax in Germany tells me that they would ship the Binoculars to Japan for replacing the Ocular. WHAT ??? It is connected via a fine thread so it is not a big deal to replace it. It is done in 2 seconds if you have the part. All I want is the part and that's it.
The repair representative tells me that they can't order spare parts and I would need to contact Pentax directly. No problem one would think.

Unfortunately there is not a single email address published how to get in touch with Pentax directly.
Anyone with a good hint how to get in touch with Pentax for a simple spare part ?

Regards Jack.X

09-15-2016, 08:31 AM   #2

I have that same problem with a pair of Leica binoculars. I looked around for a repair facility here in the U.S. There is a firm in San Diego, California which repairs binoculars. I can't remember their name this morning -- need more coffee. If you google "binocular repair" in San Diego you should be able to locate their website. Here is another one: Suddarth Optical Repair
09-15-2016, 08:33 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Getting parts from Pentax unlikely, I should think.

Cory repaired a set of Swift binos for me a few years back. Recommended.