Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Is it possible to repair a K10d/K20d with a broken SD card PCB?

I've seen a number of eBay camera bodies with the 'memory card error' fault. Now for a lot of them it seems that they have taken a fall and the contact between the main PCB and the SD circuit has broken. Is there anyone that has managed to repair these without having to buy a replacement PCB?

I'd love any help you could give me. Also it might be useful if you've had this error before and managed to find a fix without having to open up the camera body (i.e. firmware update).

Cheers

09-18-2016, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
All I have to help you is a service manual for the Samsung GX10 (the official Samsung clone of the Pentax K10D), you can download it from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72661506/6810689-GX10CSENG.pdf and also a Pentax K10D part list (find it somewhere on the internet, but its not a good quality scan) here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72661506/pentax-k10d-parts-list-and-exploded-diagram.tif
09-18-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

A service manual for the K10D can be downloaded from here. As noted it is not extremely useful (without the service software). Still it may have photos of the area of interest. You'll probably need micro-soldering skills to repair connections.
09-19-2016, 08:09 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the help - Has anyone had experience of being able to solder it back to place? I've got no access to replacement parts so it would have to be a solo mission!

09-19-2016, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

I suppose it depends on the damage. If it is simply a matter of re-soldering the card slot to the PCB it shouldn't be too difficult. A different matter all together if the PCB is cracked or a flex connector broke. Then you'll have to solder or repair traces which gets tricky.