Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2016, 08:37 AM   #1

Has Anyone used Pentax UK repair service?

Hi i need to send my DA*300 lens for a warranty repair as the SDM has failed lot of noise and focus hunting and now has stopped focusing on anything. I was wondering has any one ever used Pentax UK Repair centre in Newcastle Under Lyme? And if so your general view and quality of service. Thanks for your help.

09-23-2016, 09:25 AM   #2

Re: Pentax UK repair service

Otherwise known as jpservice solutions (Johnsons Photopia Ltd), Hempstalls Lane, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 0SW

I have used them twice including a warranty repair on my DA*300 when it too had to have the AF motor replaced and recalibrated.
Both repairs were completely satisfactory.

cbrog
09-23-2016, 12:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TheGrandPrixKid Quote
Hi i need to send my DA*300 lens for a warranty repair as the SDM has failed lot of noise and focus hunting and now has stopped focusing on anything. I was wondering has any one ever used Pentax UK Repair centre in Newcastle Under Lyme? And if so your general view and quality of service. Thanks for your help.

I had a K5 repaired - was a few weeks out of warranty, but repair was done free, body returned within 9 days, has worked fine since (3 years ago)
09-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yep, JPS are good. I busted the the front casing on my K-50 and they gave me a very reasonable repair only quote (no warranty) which is all I wanted as the camera worked just fine. It took some time to get the part (about 5 weeks), which was not their fault and I got the K-3ii as I lost patience. They may quote over the phone, just ask😊

01-15-2017, 03:35 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

JPS repaired a Pentax DA 18-250mm zoom lens for me, after the lock switch jammed. Very happy with the service.