Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2016, 10:13 AM   #46
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This is sad history, particularly since you probably could have gotten the lens replaced by the seller within the first month of ownership. I hope you get fast and satisfactory response from Fair Trade.

Steve
thanks Steve and CAM

10-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #47
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Cease fire...hot off the press just before lens went out the door to Square Trade I got this message from Dave Marsh at Precision. Somebody is looking out for me!!! Thank you Precision, Ricoh management and the powers at large!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Amy,

I’m sorry to hear that thecondition of your lens has deteriorated. We’ve discussed this with RicohManagement and they have offered to provide you with a return shipping labelfor the lens. Once the lens arrives back at Precision we will submit it toRicoh for replacement. Assuming that you’d like to take advantage of the offerfrom Ricoh, I have already requested that a return label be sent to you.

Thank you,

Dave

David Marsh |VP - Sales & Marketing | Precision Camera

Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 8:23 PM
To: Dave Marsh
Cc: Mike Moffatt; Yuliana Kwok; CS_Level3; RicohPM
Subject: Re: Tag # 4484935, Serial # 9452220, Pentax 24-70/2.8 ED SDM WRLens

Dave I received my lens back and tried it out today. Prior to sending it in toPrecision the lens would autofocus fine at short focal lengths and wouldperiodically focus accurately at 70 mm. Manual focus was not a problem at all.Now it won't focus at all. Yes I told Precision not to fix it but I didn't tellthem to make it worse then it was. Totally unbelievable. I had a working lensbefore and now I have a paper weight!!!

Amy P

10-19-2016, 01:25 PM   #48
mee
Veteran Member

Glad you hung in there, Amy, with contacting them. It shouldn't have had to come to this but at least they appear to be doing the right thing now.
10-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Amy: I'm happy your case seems to be working out for you!

10-19-2016, 10:43 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Such a mess for a consumer product.
10-20-2016, 06:24 AM   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I will keep everyone posted. I am hopeful that maybe we are seeing some changes with Precision and Ricoh on how they are dealing with warranty and repairs.
10-20-2016, 06:40 AM   #52
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
I will keep everyone posted. I am hopeful that maybe we are seeing some changes with Precision and Ricoh on how they are dealing with warranty and repairs.
I don't think that is a change. The final response you got is exactly why I suggested you keep contacting Ricoh about it. I had to do a similar thing 10 or so months ago to get my lens corrected after it went to them several times. Eventually they just replaced it with a new, boxed copy.

That said, they didn't try to claim impact damage on mine.. that's a new situation.

10-20-2016, 08:52 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I don't think that is a change. The final response you got is exactly why I suggested you keep contacting Ricoh about it. I had to do a similar thing 10 or so months ago to get my lens corrected after it went to them several times. Eventually they just replaced it with a new, boxed copy.

That said, they didn't try to claim impact damage on mine.. that's a new situation.
Unlike your case, once she contacted Ricoh Imaging Amy had personal attention from a single person who followed the situation through to the correct conclusion. That is new.

Step-by-step communication is still an issue. Everything in its time.

[Edit:] But they don't have much time left.

Last edited by monochrome; 10-20-2016 at 01:57 PM.
10-20-2016, 03:30 PM   #54
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Unlike your case, once she contacted Ricoh Imaging Amy had personal attention from a single person who followed the situation through to the correct conclusion. That is new.

Step-by-step communication is still an issue. Everything in its time.

[Edit:] But they don't have much time left.
No, it isn't new. Because I had Martha's ear the whole trip. She is the one who contacted her boss and the VP and everyone else. She stuck with me. But I had to keep going back to let her know Precision was screwing up every time they did so she could prod them.
11-02-2016, 04:55 AM - 3 Likes   #55
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Received my replacement lens from ricoh. So happy they stood behind their lens issues. Haven't had a chance to use it but am sure it will be great like the other. Thanks for all your support!!!