Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2016, 09:27 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax k5-II "F--" lens error

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and would like to ask a question about one of my cameras. I dropped my Pentax k5-II about two weeks ago accidentally and now I am getting a "F--" error message and now any lens I put on there won't be recognized. I am guessing it is the contact ring on the camera. Is there a place where I can buy this replacement ring or has anyone gone through this?

Also, if you know of a place where it won't cost me an arm and a leg to get fixed please share.

Thank you so much in advance!

~ Jorge

10-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See these stickies for US repair info:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/316284-penta...e-listing.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/314175-us-pe...formation.html (if you want to use Precision, the authorized service center).

You could get lucky, but I'd be willing to bet that the issue is internal unless you can clearly see that the lens mount has been deformed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you made sure that the Mode dial isn't set to "M"? Sorry if this a silly question.
10-03-2016, 01:03 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
See these stickies for US repair info:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/316284-penta...e-listing.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/314175-us-pe...formation.html (if you want to use Precision, the authorized service center).

You could get lucky, but I'd be willing to bet that the issue is internal unless you can clearly see that the lens mount has been deformed.
Thanks Adam! I might just have to send it off to get fixed.

---------- Post added 10-03-16 at 01:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
Have you made sure that the Mode dial isn't set to "M"? Sorry if this a silly question.
@Fat Albert - I have tried changing setting (manual, auto, etc..) nothing has worked. I think it might have to be something that broke internally or that got lose. I am trying to figure out why the camera won't read any of the lenses. There is no visible or physical damage to the lens connector ring because I had a lens attached to it at the time I dropped it.