Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #1

Getting a Pentax K200D repaired

I started monitoring the forum after moving here from Va, Beach, VA. 2007/2008, using a Pentax A3000.
I purchased a Pentax K200, which I dearly loved. I was attending a family reunion, where it was knocked off a table and landed squarely on the lens. Needless to say put a halt to my picture taking. Finally getting squared-away so I can get it repaired. Does anyone know of a reputable repair center I can check with?

11-07-2016, 05:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard, and sorry to hear about the mishap!

It will likely be more cost-effective for you to replace the K200D with a K-50 or K-S2, which wouldn't cost you much more than the repair, plus you'd see a substantial increase in image quality.

In any case, here is a listing of several repair facilities in the US. Precision Camera is the only authorized service center, so I would check with them first, but there are no guarantees that they'd be able to service the K200D because of its age. I guess it might also depend on the nature of the damage.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/316284-penta...e-listing.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-08-2016, 12:00 AM   #3

I'd also propose that if my K200d kicked the bucket or needed a major repair, I'd let her glide gracefully into camera heaven. Shooting with it nowadays only reminds me of a nostalgic "shooting many years ago" period and I'm faced with it's shortcomings compared to later DSLR versions.
I'd do exactly as Adam mentioned and go for a K-50 or K-S2 (or K-70!) and relegate the K200d to the "fond memory" category.
11-08-2016, 12:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a pretty nice used K200D & grip for sale right now in the Marketplace.

11-08-2016, 01:45 AM   #5

Sad thing these days like ever 1 else has said either get another K20D or something newer . IMHO to get repaired ( if you could would be a waste of money be cheaper to go other way like most thing in life now a days)
11-08-2016, 02:46 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Good advice already given, so I'll just say welcome to you.
11-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Welcome aboard, and sorry to hear about the mishap!

It will likely be more cost-effective for you to replace the K200D with a K-50 or K-S2, which wouldn't cost you much more than the repair, plus you'd see a substantial increase in image quality.

In any case, here is a listing of several repair facilities in the US. Precision Camera is the only authorized service center, so I would check with them first, but there are no guarantees that they'd be able to service the K200D because of its age. I guess it might also depend on the nature of the damage.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/316284-penta...e-listing.html
2nd this.

Looked at repairing my K20d and it was about $320.00 if I remember correctly, KEH and Precision were the same price. At that price, you might as well buy a K-50 or a used K-5iis.