Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
08-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vaeianor Quote
My K-30 had the same problem. Precision Camera charges $212 for the repair, which I think is ridiculous. So I decided to not to repair it. Instead I bought a K1 Mark II. Now I'm wondering what I should do with my K-30. Is it worth getting it repaired by Mark at Pentax Camera Repair for about $140 and then selling it?
You made the right decision. For several months I used mine with aperture-ring-equipped lenses only, but when B&H had their Black Friday Sale, I purchased a KP, and now the K-30 with its modified kit is packed away, and I have a known backup / second camera. If you don't want to take that route, I agree with @Ronald Oakes;
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Sell it unrepaired. There are people including myself that will be happy to use it with Takumar or other manual lenses . I bought one off Ebay a while back for $55 that has this problem and would happily have paid double that.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, camera, cause, day, failure, info, information, k30, k30 aperture failure, lack, pentax, pentax service, price, repair, service, survey, thread, warranty, wonder