Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2016, 10:42 PM   #1

Pentax K20D mirror not going up and menu working very slow

Hello,

I have an old Pentax K20D, I shot with it around 36000 shots. Unfortunately a couple of weeks ago it stopped working just as I was taking a photo.
The mirror is not going up, the camera is working very very slow and if I press the shutter button I can just hear a very strange sound that it's trying to get the mirror up but it's not working!

I went and fixed it and after one week it broke again, unfortunately I can't get back to the guys that fixed it. I think it was an easy fix because I don't think they opened it up or something, the screws seem untouched.

Hope anyone has an idea on how can I try to fix it.

I updated the firmware and it didn't help. So probably it's a mechanical problem, something is stuck... I was using a manual lens when it happened if it makes any difference.

Thank you!

12-20-2016, 03:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
sounds like the gears got sloppy,probable time for a new camera
12-22-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you sure that your battery still has the correct voltage? Do you have a spare (newer) battery you could try?