Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2016, 06:42 PM   #1

Pentax Gameseeker Warranty not being honored?

I sent in a pentax product that had a lifetime worry free warranty. I sent to address on warranty card along with the required $20 only for it to be an old non forward address and it came back to me. I then contacted Ricoh and got the correct address and sent it again. So at this point down $80. Well after numerous contacts and waiting several months my item came back with my $20 gone and a note saying not repairable, wont repair Chinese scope. The warranty clearly state will be repaired or replaced at Pentax discretion. SO I want to know where my new pentax lightseeker 3-15x50 rifle scope is? Anttwan has not been responding and I feel totally ripped off so far by this "worry free lifetime warranty".
I understand this scope may not be available and am willing to take something comparable in the 50mm size. All I'm asking is for the warranty to be honored. It wont zoom or hold zero.repair tag number is 4495666

So if anyone can help me here I would appreciate it.

Attached Images

12-30-2016, 09:42 PM   #2

Original Poster
Sorry Gameseeker. Still hoping for resolution.
01-01-2017, 05:06 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried contacting Precision (the current repair facility) or Ricoh's online chat? I don't think these are in production any more, but hopefully they'll honor the warranty!

Here's the Ricoh Imaging support chat, or call 1-800-224-6767 (8am-8pm EST).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #4

Original Poster
yes Ricoh had me send it to precision, they sent it to burris and now its back to we out the shipping and the $20 fee with a note "cannot repair" "we don't repair Chinese scopes" well the sure sold them...

01-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #5

Original Poster
Well still no response. Going to try chat now that I have an account open with them. Here is the warranty and receipt.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Pen war rec.pdf (573.7 KB, 119 views)
01-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #6

Original Poster
worste customer service I have ever seen!!!

No replies contact wont work says E-mails doesn't match, WTF it matches?? Chat seems to work but then no one ever answers. Anyone else loving these Ricoh guys LOL....
01-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by SKankyfrankie Quote
No replies contact wont work says E-mails doesn't match, WTF it matches?? Chat seems to work but then no one ever answers. Anyone else loving these Ricoh guys LOL....
Did you try calling them? I'm sure the chat is only open when their support is open (on weekdays only).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-07-2017, 11:16 PM   #8
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is the thing. You bought a product from a company that doesn't exist anymore.

A comparison.

Craftsman tools.

Lifetime warranty.

From Sears Roebuck and Company.

And I just read that Sears has sold the Craftsman brand to Stanley. Not that it really matters much, as Craftsman tools aren't really the high quality tool they used to be. All of the wrenches, sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers and such have been replaced by revised versions of poorer quality imported overseas junk not worthy of a place in my tool chest. And ever since K-Mart and Sears merged and Craftsman tools have been sold at K-Mart, well, it just isn't right.

So the question one has to ask when considering products with a lifetime warranty is, whose lifetime?

And since the company that owned the Pentax brand when the scopes were in production is out of the picture, and the current company that owns the brand does not offer them, it would appear that you have outlived the company, and in essence, the warranty.

It sucks, I know.

I used to buy the lifetime battery, starter, muffler, etc. Then the businesses that sold them went out of business. Now I just buy the very best I can afford, and install it.

If the current owner of Pentax was to give you your choice of a comparable scope from another brand you might be able to call that a win, right? So hit them up and see what they say. I pretended I was you, and tried to drill down and get somewhere for you, and here is the result:

QuoteQuote:
Contact Us
QuoteQuote:

Do you have questions? Please choose from one the contact methods below:.
If your model was not listed in our online repair quote section, please contact us using one of the methods below:

Email Us:

Click Here To email us, click below and choose a category from below which best reflects the content of your question:
Call Us:

800-877-0155 - Monday - Friday - 7:30am - 4:30pm MT

Write Us:

Ricoh Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
633 17th Street, Suite 2600
Denver, CO 80202, U.S.A.

Take another run at them. Compose your correspondence well, keep it polite and business like. Be persistent. Don't take no for an answer.

Pass along that snarky "We don't fix Chinese junk." comment. Pentax camera gear is manufactured in various parts of Asia. Comments from Precision like that are out of line.

Good luck.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 01-08-2017 at 02:58 AM.
01-08-2017, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #9

Original Poster
Thanks Racer X 69, I did just have a craftsman tool replaced at the local sears just last week free. But I do agree they have went way down in quality. I will try the call number next week. Bugging the crap out of them is free and is somewhat easing my pain LOL... And they do own Burris and I was told Burris China actually made this scope. So yes I would be fine with something comparable from Burris.
01-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #10

Original Poster
I understand about company not making scopes anymore, However they had me send it in and they knew I had the warranty. They sent it from precision to Burris so as far as I'm concerned they were accepting this warranty at least at first.
02-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #11

Original Poster
Well after more tries than I care to count I finally got hold of someone on the phone, turns out its the same exact guy who was e-mail corresponding with me, at least for a while. He stated new policy is the Managers will return all warranty complaint issue calls, they would be calling me soon, WTH it's been 3 weeks no one has called. Do these guys even have management????? They approved the warranty repair/ replace, they wasted my shipping and $20 repair copay and now I got nothing but broken scope back and absolutely no real customer support. Hey pentax managers you owe me a call. Unless they call I will never ever purchase their products again. I will bad mouth them to anyone who asks. By the looks of this forum I am not the only ticked off customer. Way to run yourself out of business. Nikon already sold me three high end binocs for the family hunting clan this year, didn't even look at these guys... Got a Bushnell scope on the way for replacing this defective one. Plan to burn them on every forum I belong to which is a bunch...

Last edited by photolady95; 03-06-2017 at 08:32 AM.
03-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #12

This doesn't give me much hope. I just had a gameseeker fail and I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to go about the warranty claim. I've looked at my scope and it does say China on the bottom. Curious how you made out with this process?