Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2017, 08:16 PM   #1

Super Takumar 24mm f3.5 M42 disassembly?

Anyone here taken apart a 24mm Super Takumar f3.5 lens? I have sticky aperture blades. I've taken it apart to the point where I have given the blades themselves a thorough cleaning with lighter fluid and while they seem to run fine in manual mode, when on auto mode and I push the pin in to actuate the aperture they are slooooooooow to open and close. I think the stickiness might be in the pivot on the arm that sits between the pin on one side the the aperture actuation lever on the other side since when I quickly turn the aperture ring in manual mode the blades open and close quicker than when I push the pin. Thoughts?

02-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #2

Yes, you need to clean the auto aperture mechanism as well. Don't ask me for disassembly instructions though.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24mm, aperture, blades, f3.5, mode, pentax service, pin, repair, service, takumar, takumar 24mm f3.5, warranty