Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Super Takumar 35/2 Loose Name Ring?

Hello,

Just noticed my Super Takumar developed this:

Any suggestions on repairing this and the cost? This lens has sentimental values to me.

Sincerely

02-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Is the second photo showing the screw anchor having broken off? If not, it's just a matter of removing the name ring and trightnening the screws (trivial time/cost). If it is broken, you'd have to build a new anchor somehow or replace with an inner barrel from another lens. If you have the bit that broke off, you might be able to reattach it with solder.
I am not sure what had happened. The lens had this issue when it was bought and the seller resolved it by tightening the screws. I am assuming that it's only the screws being loose again as I don't remember anything falling away.

Sincerely

通过我的 Nexus 6P 上的 Tapatalk发言
02-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #3

It doesn't sound to good if the screws loosened on there own. It could be they are partially stripped or the wrong size screws. The only way to tell is to remove the name ring and examine the screws and screwholes. If they seem okay tighten the screws down and put a dab of nail polish around the heads. If this isn't sufficient you might try a low or medium strength thread locker on the screws.
02-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
It doesn't sound to good if the screws loosened on there own. It could be they are partially stripped or the wrong size screws. The only way to tell is to remove the name ring and examine the screws and screwholes. If they seem okay tighten the screws down and put a dab of nail polish around the heads. If this isn't sufficient you might try a low or medium strength thread locker on the screws.
I guess I should send it out, any suggestions?

02-13-2017, 08:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If it is just the screw tighten them back down and use a tiny bit of nail polish or airplane glue around the head , to act as lock tight. Ok so remove the name plate and observe the anchor as DCSHOOTER said. and depending on the material it is made of glue it or solder it back together then reinstall the lens hood. it is not a big fix.In fact I am sure you can manage it. Just take care not to mutilate the FRONT LENS ELEMENT.Good luck or mail it to DSCHOOTER..