Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2017, 08:15 AM   #1

K-r broken memory card reader

Hi, my husband put the wrong sized memory card into our card reader and now it just reads memory card error. Any help in fixing this one, or know anywhere I can sell a broken camera?

Too costly to send to Pentax for repair, also I have already replaced the camera. Just trying to fix this one or something to keep it out of the landfill!

Mikes wouldn't do the repair.

Just thought I'd throw this question out to all of you pros and see what ideas come up.

Thanks all!

03-18-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wrong size, as in memory size (GB wise)? Or did he try to put a card that doesn't fit the slot? If the first option, try a camera reset.

Check page 311 of your manual on how to do a reset.

Last edited by photolady95; 03-18-2017 at 08:38 AM.
03-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #3

Original Poster
It was the wrong physical size....I will try to reset the camera anyway. Can't hurt. Thanks!
03-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Krunchymama Quote
It was the wrong physical size.
That's weird that it would even attempt to install. But if that's the case I doubt a reset will fix it. Can you see if it damaged the contacts? Another thing you could try is cleaning the contacts.