Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Broken CPC 80-200mm zoom

I picked up a ME Super, a vivtar 28mm P/K A mount, a camera bag, and this old CPC 80-200 MM f4.5 zoom lens. Everything else works but the zoom lens. It appears that the front lens has seperated from the barrel. The top part, above the focusing ring is loose as well. I suspect that it is broken inside. So my question, is this lens worth anything as parts. The glass elements all appear to be fungus and oil free. The mounting ring is still good. But not sure if it is even worth while trying to sell if for parts, or just trash the it. I only wanted the 28 mm lens, so the rest of the deal was just gravy as the saying goes.

Any ideas. here are some pictures for what there worth.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-21-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pull the grip back and see if you can see the screws in the zoom and focus helicals. I'd wager there are some loose/broken/missing.
03-21-2017, 07:52 AM   #3

Original Poster
How is the easiest way to pull back the grip? Anyone have a video showing how that is done? Or pictures? The grip on this lens is the same type as I have seen on Vivitars and other single grip lenses that both zoom and focus
03-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #4

Original Poster
I got the grip off. The screws are tight, but the slots they run in are too wide. I think this is going to be a trash item. I have two other lenses that cover the same range so it isn't needed. It would even cost more to mail it than what someone can pick up a similar product at a flea market or on Craigslist.