Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #1

K-01 flash fail

Hello,
I have a heavy problem with my K-01. The cable, which connects the electronic that releases the flash an the button for it is broken. I have made the mistake (silly me) to assemble the camera with the 2 screws under the flash and closed the flash after it. So I canīt open the Body again because I canīt open the flash. And so I canīt change the cable.
Do you have any ideas or tricks or do you know how to open the flash without the electronic?

This would be really really helpfull.

Thanks a lot for helping,
Cedric Lonski

03-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Quite a predicament. I really can't think of anything other than gently forcing things open to the minimal degree to get to the screws. Maybe try messaging some of the people who do camera repairs and your local Pentax service centre?
03-22-2017, 04:29 AM   #3
Forum Member

Try slipping a strip of paper into the gap around the flash and see if you can use it to release the catch. I opened the flash on a dead K-r this way but the K-01 looks trickier as the mechanism is more recessed. Still it's worth a shot and shouldn't do any harm.
03-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #4
CCL

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Quite a predicament. I really can't think of anything other than gently forcing things open to the minimal degree to get to the screws. Maybe try messaging some of the people who do camera repairs and your local Pentax service centre?
Iīve tried that, but they wanted me to send the camera in. I think this is ok as long as they earn there money by this.

QuoteOriginally posted by Suzhouren Quote
Try slipping a strip of paper into the gap around the flash and see if you can use it to release the catch. I opened the flash on a dead K-r this way but the K-01 looks trickier as the mechanism is more recessed. Still it's worth a shot and shouldn't do any harm.
Thanks for this Idea, sounds pretty good.

Iīm sorry, but Iīve already found another method. I will explain them in the next few days.

Thanks for your help.