Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Need help finding Pentax repair shop near LA

Does anyone have any suggestion a good & trusty camera shop near LA area?
I live near Pasadena area.
Found one shop online Camera Max Repair , has anyone tried this repair shop before? They said they can fix any camera.

I need to check on my K-3 shake reduction.

TIA

04-07-2017, 07:21 PM   #2

These guys used to be an Authorized Pentax Repair center. I have been unable to determine if they still are. Some of the old centers like Advanced Camera in Oregon are still authorized but not listed on the Ricoh websites.

Picture Perfect Unlimited
25876 The Old Road, Ste 300
Valencia, CA
818-998-5204

If you find out anything let us know. If you camera is still under warranty you have to send it to Precision Camera as they are the only repair shop that does warranty work.
04-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Picture Perfect is listed in this other thread, too. Though like was mentioned, Precision is the warranty repair service currently.

Authorized Service Centers - PentaxForums.com
04-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
Closed Account

Hi Herman, here is a link the worldwide repairers, and a screenshot of USA repairers. Good luck.

Pentax Repair Facilities (Wordwide listing) - PentaxForums.com

Attached Images

04-08-2017, 07:57 PM   #5

Picture Perfect:

Picture Perfect Unlimited - camera repair and sales of Pentax cameras

Note: they do not accept walk-in service. Ship to only. My brother had his LX repaired by them back in the day they used to take walk-ins. He was satisfied with their work. I think they used to be closer to LA but still in the 818 Area Code.
04-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
These guys used to be an Authorized Pentax Repair center. I have been unable to determine if they still are. Some of the old centers like Advanced Camera in Oregon are still authorized but not listed on the Ricoh websites.

Picture Perfect Unlimited
25876 The Old Road, Ste 300
Valencia, CA
818-998-5204

If you find out anything let us know. If you camera is still under warranty you have to send it to Precision Camera as they are the only repair shop that does warranty work.
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Picture Perfect is listed in this other thread, too. Though like was mentioned, Precision is the warranty repair service currently.

Authorized Service Centers - PentaxForums.com
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Picture Perfect:

Picture Perfect Unlimited - camera repair and sales of Pentax cameras

Note: they do not accept walk-in service. Ship to only. My brother had his LX repaired by them back in the day they used to take walk-ins. He was satisfied with their work. I think they used to be closer to LA but still in the 818 Area Code.
It seems many are using Picture Perfect. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to contact them if the ones nearer to LA can't do the work.
My K-3 is no longer under warranty.

---------- Post added 04-10-2017 at 01:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Herman, here is a link the worldwide repairers, and a screenshot of USA repairers. Good luck.

Pentax Repair Facilities (Wordwide listing) - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for the link info.
I did bring the camera to General Camera Repair but the owner said he can't fix it because he cannot order the part anymore.
He suggested to send it to Precision Camera.
I'll see what International Camera Repair say.