Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2017, 11:09 PM   #1

Pentax K-3 shutter issues

Hello,

Yesterday I noticed that all pictures made with my camera was all black or half black. When I turned mirror cleaning function, I have found the problem (see picture below).
I tried to turn on live view function but half of matrica is still covered.
Before 6 months I noticed that after longer photoshooting, shutter flutter appears. Then I brought my camera to guarantee center in Lithuania, unfortunately they said camera and shutter was fine. Now my Pentax K-3 guarantee is ended. I wanted to ask, how complicated this shutter problem is? My shutter count is about 23 000.
I think that shutter problem has not been established during first guarantee check?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 

Last edited by Precious; 04-17-2017 at 01:54 AM.
04-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you brought it in under warranty and the issue was there but they didn't notice it, I'd expect them to fix it for free if you brought the camera back. They'll probably need to replace the shutter unit.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Same on my K-3II - Shutter won't open at all... Less than 3 months old...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
05-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Precious Quote
Hello,

Yesterday I noticed that all pictures made with my camera was all black or half black. When I turned mirror cleaning function, I have found the problem (see picture below).
I tried to turn on live view function but half of matrica is still covered.
Before 6 months I noticed that after longer photoshooting, shutter flutter appears. Then I brought my camera to guarantee center in Lithuania, unfortunately they said camera and shutter was fine. Now my Pentax K-3 guarantee is ended. I wanted to ask, how complicated this shutter problem is? My shutter count is about 23 000.
I think that shutter problem has not been established during first guarantee check?
it is a major job, but if you are up to the task parts are cheap. Try cleaning it first,as it is possible to have a spec of sand hang it up.

05-22-2017, 11:39 PM   #5
Forum Member

Pentax is loosing its quality....Sad...