Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Tripod Leg

Does anyone know of where I can get a tripod leg for my 70-200 2.8? Richo wants to call it a "repair" and charge me $315 to get a new leg.

04-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter

do you mean foot?
04-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
Pentaxian

What happened to the one that came on the lens? If it broke then it is a repair. If you dropped it and it broke it is not covered by warranty. If it was defective and it broke before the warranty expired it should be covered. You just have to convince Precision and Ricoh that you didn't drop it. Another PF member had to jump through some hoops but finally got it sorted out.
6 Days Ago   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I lost it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
What happened to the one that came on the lens? If it broke then it is a repair. If you dropped it and it broke it is not covered by warranty. If it was defective and it broke before the warranty expired it should be covered. You just have to convince Precision and Ricoh that you didn't drop it. Another PF member had to jump through some hoops but finally got it sorted out.

---------- Post added 04-21-17 at 01:33 PM ----------

It attaches to the rotating collar that allows you to place the lens on a tripod. It is extremely heavy 😜

6 Days Ago   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
do you mean foot?
Sorry, yes, the foot.
6 Days Ago   #6
Pentaxian

I would look on eBay for one that has the same or close to the same inside diameter even if it says Canon or Nikon on it. You could always glue some rubber or felt on the ring to make it fit better if it is a touch larger. Search on "tripod collar".