Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-07-2017, 05:44 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter

Just Got a K1000 back from Eric

I recently picked it up from Fleabay, was from KEH. The viewfinder was full of fungi; never was mentioned in the listing! Anyhow, sent it to Eric. For $70 he did a prism replacement, CLA, and shipped it back. It looks and handles like new. Took 3 weeks. The guy is a master. I can now retire my other film camera (Nikon 6006) and really go old-time retro. In the meantime, I picked up a couple of A lenses that I can use on my K-S2 if I decide to try them.

Church Key

06-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Eric is a skilled craftsman,for sure! He CLA'ed a Pentax K2 for me, although it required required a bit more work and expense (shutter block and photo cells replaced). It handles and operates like it's brand spanking new and is a joy to use. A Pentax Super-A will be on its way to him soon requiring less work, hopefully!!

Last edited by ripper2860; 06-09-2017 at 07:35 PM.
06-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-1000 was my first Pentax. I did a lot of shooting with it. and still have it along with a K-3II and K-5IIs.
06-08-2017, 04:38 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Church Key Quote
I can now retire my other film camera (Nikon 6006)
You need to go on YouTube and shock everyone with eyeball-popping clickbait: "I'm ditching Nikon and going over to Pentax!"

I just got four bodies and two lenses back from Eric. First time I ever sent stuff to him and yeah, except for the unavoidable body scuffs in a couple of places they look like they just came straight out of the box. The fact that he sends each one back individually wrapped in its own little bag (separately from the bubble wrap) only adds to this. I felt like I was unboxing four cameras on the same day - 'tog heaven!

06-08-2017, 05:05 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I sent a dinged up k1000 to him earlier this year. Similar, returned it doesn't even look like the same camera, great work.
06-08-2017, 05:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Keh is lately dropping the ball on their used gear, I read several reports on this lately..
06-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My Asahiflex IIb off to Eric!

I just got a pretty much spotless Asahiflex IIb with the f2.4 58mm and everready case. It looks to have been carefully used, kept in that ER case and then set aside for ....decades?. Shutter needs work. I have my Father's rather beat-up IIb, and his f3.5 50, the 83mm f1.9, tubes, bellows, and somewhere the Sears 35mm WA. He was an avid nature photographer, and cameras can get a little hurt tramping through the woods. I certainly won't throw it away!

My "new" 'Flex goes off to Eric for his magic hands. Hope the shutter is just gummy lube, and it doesn't need new curtains.

06-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
I just got a pretty much spotless Asahiflex IIb with the f2.4 58mm and everready case. It looks to have been carefully used, kept in that ER case and then set aside for ....decades?. Shutter needs work. I have my Father's rather beat-up IIb, and his f3.5 50, the 83mm f1.9, tubes, bellows, and somewhere the Sears 35mm WA. He was an avid nature photographer, and cameras can get a little hurt tramping through the woods. I certainly won't throw it away!

My "new" 'Flex goes off to Eric for his magic hands. Hope the shutter is just gummy lube, and it doesn't need new curtains.
You're in under the wire. I just sent a Tower 22 and Tower 23 - they're really fun!
06-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently picked it up from Fleabay, was from KEH. The viewfinder was full of fungi; never was mentioned in the listing! Anyhow, sent it to Eric. For $70 he did a prism replacement, CLA, and shipped it back. It looks and handles like new. Took 3 weeks. The guy is a master. I can now retire my other film camera (Nikon 6006) and really go old-time retro. In the meantime, I picked up a couple of A lenses that I can use on my K-S2 if I decide to try them.

Church Key
Watch for a KX. It's the camera the K1000 should have been, IMHO. Depth of field preview, a meter switch, center weighted meter pattern, Judas window to display f stop in viewfinder, mirror lock-up, self timer. Note that if you're left eyed the meter switch is turned on when the rapid wind lever is pulled out from the body. See this: Pentax KX - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications Now if only Pentax had made a winder for it...

I scored a really clean example with an "A" f 1.4 for just over $100. Of course YMMV. Here in the Atlanta area K 1000s go for what I consider inflated prices, probably because many photo instructors mention it as a good basic camera for the course. There are, of course, others although its nice to see Pentax touted.
06-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I just bought an LX from this forum. It's in the mail. I could not resist it as it was CLA'd by Erick 12/14. Will most likely hang onto the K1000 as I'd take a loss selling it, plus it's a nice machine.

Church Key
06-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just bought an LX from this forum. It's in the mail. I could not resist it as it was CLA'd by Erick 12/14. Will most likely hang onto the K1000 as I'd take a loss selling it, plus it's a nice machine.

Church Key
You will love the LX. Its "feel" is amazing. Everything works as it should. Watch for the winder, its not expensive and offers motorized rewind. But be careful. The LX is addictive. I now own three! It is a slippery path you are on, Grasshopper! But you will enjoy the trip.....