Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I have replaced the flash shoe foot of my AF360FGZ, but I lost the flash shoe lock pin spring. I have attached a picture of the inside of the hot shoe with my tweezers pointing out the pin. The metal piece that goes over it is to the side of the shoe on the table. I am assuming that the spring was supposed to fit over the base of the pin and the metal piece that I show to the right goes over it. I have put everything back together without the use of the spring and everything is working fine. The flash seems very secure when attached to my K-3II and the shoe lock lever is locked down. I am very happy that I have the flash shoe replaced and that all flash performance functions are working fine.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Last edited by C_Jones; 06-22-2017 at 08:55 PM.
06-23-2017, 10:34 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
I am assuming that the spring was supposed to fit over the base of the pin and the metal piece that I show to the right goes over it.
In your photo, the next step would be to put the spring on the pin then put the bracket on, retaining the spring.

The function of the spring is to push a locking pin out when the locking lever is locked. Unlocking the lever forces the pin up against the spring.

You could use a spring out of a biro cut to length.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 

Last edited by alfa75ts; 06-23-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Added Pic.
06-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
In your photo, the next step would be to put the spring on the pin then put the bracket on, retaining the spring.

The function of the spring is to push a locking pin out when the locking lever is locked. Unlocking the lever forces the pin up against the spring.

You could use a spring out of a biro cut to length.
Thank you.