Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2017, 06:26 AM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
How was it packed for shipping? It seems the box would have had to have been kicked around the mailroom a couple of times for that sort of damage!
It was shipped in its original padded case which was then completely secured with bubble wrap packing and shipped in a sturdy box sealed with heavy duty Scotch brand packaging tape and insured for $2,000.

08-03-2017, 06:50 AM   #32
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
find out asap if you can still make a claim on that coverage
08-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sborla Quote
It was shipped in its original padded case which was then completely secured with bubble wrap packing and shipped in a sturdy box sealed with heavy duty Scotch brand packaging tape and insured for $2,000.
I'd say someone will need to pay you the $2000. Good luck!
08-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This is indeed a tale of woe... Obviously it is a difficult situation since they clearly didn't wreck a $2000 lens, as it was already (no offence, but...) a bag of parts. But they did reduce the value of those parts. At the very least their shipping increased the bill for the repair by $500, so well within the insured amount. So, if Precision is prepare to state that they received the lens in that state, and you are able to show the original state, then they should be liable for the increased bill.

08-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #35

Original Poster
Friday update: the anticipated response from Pentax regarding their decision on this matter which I was supposed to receive today did not arrive. Evidently I now wait until next week.... Infuriating!
08-09-2017, 06:09 AM   #36
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Any news on this yet?

A little late in this case, but I always photograph the item from all sides, and also photograph each layer, etc., when packing the box, right up to the sealed box. Since my photos show the date, this is proof of the condition, plus how it was packed.
08-09-2017, 09:35 AM - 4 Likes   #37

Original Poster
I am very happy to report my faith in Ricoh-Pentax has been restored. I just received notification that the lens is being replaced, and at no cost to me. They will be shipping from factory to Precision Camera where they will determine all functions of the new lens are working properly and will then one-day air ship to me at no cost whatsoever to me. This has been a long drawn-out ordeal, but the end result was worth the wait. Thank you all for your input and support.

08-09-2017, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #38
Veteran Member

That is fantastic news!
08-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #39
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

great news

may I suggest you put a single $ down on a lottery ticket

see if you get lucky twice
08-09-2017, 10:10 AM - 2 Likes   #40
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I am very happy to report my faith in Ricoh-Pentax has been restored. I just received notification that the lens is being replaced, and at no cost to me. They will be shipping from factory to Precision Camera where they will determine all functions of the new lens are working properly and will then one-day air ship to me at no cost whatsoever to me. This has been a long drawn-out ordeal, but the end result was worth the wait. Thank you all for your input and support.
That's great to hear, also it seems like they are making an earnest effort to provide fair service to their customers, which is great. Clearly they screwed up the handling of your lens and they are owning it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-09-2017, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is great news. It is also what happened to me. Precision damaged my FA43 and made it much worse than before repair. After several disputes, Pentax sent me a new lens.
08-09-2017, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #42
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very good news!
08-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #43

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
great news

may I suggest you put a single $ down on a lottery ticket

see if you get lucky twice
I had the same thought. Lol
08-10-2017, 08:27 AM   #44
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fantastic news! Kudos to Ricoh-Pentax for stepping up for a customer!
08-26-2017, 09:58 AM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sad to say this failure has just happened to me. I'm in Tanzania at the moment and can't deal with the repair until I return to the US but the darn thing just came apart as I was using it. I've had it for about half a year. I did buy it used though...