Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #1

Pentax LX Problem...

Firstly I am not a camera guy, so please excuse my ignorance...

So a while back my Grandfather gave me his old Pentax LX SLR.

I decided to do some cleaning of them today, and there was something on the focusing lense that i couldnt reach from going through the lense of the camera.
So i went through the top and got what was in there out... but, as I did this 3 tiny springs fell out, and I have no idea from where... any suggestions?

Attached Images

07-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I'm not sure if it's because your camera is the older version, but on my camera the top view looks different. (see attachment) Or have you removed more than you show on your photos?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LG-D855  Photo 
07-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #3

Look at page 70 of the service manual (can be found on pentax-manuals.com). Looks like the three springs came from underneath the black plate you unscrewed (items marked B204 & B205).
07-13-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would have cleaned the outside really well before opening up the viewfinder. I know it's meant to be removable and all that (had an LX myself for many years), but all that top plate dust on the sides creeps me out.

07-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by daftyler Quote
Firstly I am not a camera guy, so please excuse my ignorance...

So a while back my Grandfather gave me his old Pentax LX SLR.

I decided to do some cleaning of them today, and there was something on the focusing lense that i couldnt reach from going through the lense of the camera.
So i went through the top and got what was in there out... but, as I did this 3 tiny springs fell out, and I have no idea from where... any suggestions?
Your Grandfather?! How old is he and yourself?