Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Snapped K3II Battery Door

I was just getting my gear packed up for a trip to Newfoundland and opened the battery door of my K3II to put the battery back in but it snapped off. Part of the door is still attached to the spring mechanism, but the large part that holds the battery came right off. I tested it out and I am able to put the battery in and close it, despite it being broken. Does anybody know if this happening before? Any ideas what I could do? (besides send it away for a lengthy and probably expensive repair). Anyone know of websites selling this part for a DIY repair?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Justin

07-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jbriginshawphotograp Quote
I was just getting my gear packed up for a trip to Newfoundland and opened the battery door of my K3II to put the battery back in but it snapped off. Part of the door is still attached to the spring mechanism, but the large part that holds the battery came right off. I tested it out and I am able to put the battery in and close it, despite it being broken. Does anybody know if this happening before? Any ideas what I could do? (besides send it away for a lengthy and probably expensive repair). Anyone know of websites selling this part for a DIY repair?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Justin
WAG

wild a** guess

can you use duct tape to seal it and keep it closed??
07-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
WAG

wild a** guess

can you use duct tape to seal it and keep it closed??
It does actually close still - but it's not an ideal longterm solution. I noticed they sell the replacement part at USCamera.com, but I don't know how easy it is to repair myself. I also am waiting on confirmation that the part will work on the K3II since it is advertised as for the K5 and K7.
07-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I had a similar accident with my K-5. Fixed it with crazy glue. Still going strong.

07-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jbriginshawphotograp Quote
It does actually close still - but it's not an ideal longterm solution. I noticed they sell the replacement part at USCamera.com, but I don't know how easy it is to repair myself. I also am waiting on confirmation that the part will work on the K3II since it is advertised as for the K5 and K7.
I had the same thing happen to My K-X years ago, and it wasn't that hard to replace on that camera YMMV. As I recollect it was more than just the battery door though, I think it was the entire bottom plate of the camera, with the door on it.