Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 76
Snapped K3II Battery Door

I was just getting my gear packed up for a trip to Newfoundland and opened the battery door of my K3II to put the battery back in but it snapped off. Part of the door is still attached to the spring mechanism, but the large part that holds the battery came right off. I tested it out and I am able to put the battery in and close it, despite it being broken. Does anybody know if this happening before? Any ideas what I could do? (besides send it away for a lengthy and probably expensive repair). Anyone know of websites selling this part for a DIY repair?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Justin

07-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,265
QuoteOriginally posted by jbriginshawphotograp Quote
I was just getting my gear packed up for a trip to Newfoundland and opened the battery door of my K3II to put the battery back in but it snapped off. Part of the door is still attached to the spring mechanism, but the large part that holds the battery came right off. I tested it out and I am able to put the battery in and close it, despite it being broken. Does anybody know if this happening before? Any ideas what I could do? (besides send it away for a lengthy and probably expensive repair). Anyone know of websites selling this part for a DIY repair?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Justin
WAG

wild a** guess

can you use duct tape to seal it and keep it closed??
07-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 76
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
WAG

wild a** guess

can you use duct tape to seal it and keep it closed??
It does actually close still - but it's not an ideal longterm solution. I noticed they sell the replacement part at USCamera.com, but I don't know how easy it is to repair myself. I also am waiting on confirmation that the part will work on the K3II since it is advertised as for the K5 and K7.
07-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #4
Pentaxian
johnyates's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 1,191
I had a similar accident with my K-5. Fixed it with crazy glue. Still going strong.

07-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
Pentaxian
wstruth's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: at my kitchen table
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 459
QuoteOriginally posted by jbriginshawphotograp Quote
It does actually close still - but it's not an ideal longterm solution. I noticed they sell the replacement part at USCamera.com, but I don't know how easy it is to repair myself. I also am waiting on confirmation that the part will work on the K3II since it is advertised as for the K5 and K7.
I had the same thing happen to My K-X years ago, and it wasn't that hard to replace on that camera YMMV. As I recollect it was more than just the battery door though, I think it was the entire bottom plate of the camera, with the door on it.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, door, k3ii, k3ii battery, k3ii battery door, pentax service, repair, service, warranty
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K30 Battery Retaining Clip snapped off BuckeyeStu Repairs and Warranty Service 11 08-10-2016 04:36 AM
Architecture Door to door... Neville Post Your Photos! 8 02-12-2014 10:48 PM
DA 18-135 WR Snapped - Help! Davie Sanderson Visitors' Center 11 05-09-2013 02:20 PM
Misc back door, front door - lorikeets & Rouletts Cee Cee Post Your Photos! 12 03-21-2013 10:55 PM
People Guess who I snapped over the weekend? Public Enemy! 1 Snap Music! Post Your Photos! 3 01-10-2011 06:24 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:43 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top