Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Sigma Repair!

I need to give props to Sigma! I sent my lens in with some serious focusing/connection issues. It was returned within two weeks with the contact housing assembly repaired and cleaned, new lens cap and cover with no charge. Such awesome service...I'll be keeping this in mind for future purposes! Now - if they only made some WR lenses!!!

09-11-2017, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mcleoud151 Quote
I need to give props to Sigma! I sent my lens in with some serious focusing/connection issues. It was returned within two weeks with the contact housing assembly repaired and cleaned, new lens cap and cover with no charge. Such awesome service...I'll be keeping this in mind for future purposes! Now - if they only made some WR lenses!!!
WR would indeed be great, if they decided to keep releasing Pentax lenses! Sigma's great otherwise and I really wish they'd reconsider their decision.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
WR would indeed be great, if they decided to keep releasing Pentax lenses! Sigma's great otherwise and I really wish they'd reconsider their decision.
Me too. I'm pondering a system move at this point, but Sigma could turn that around.

Their repair center handled my 120-400mm DG lens at no charge too (minus shipping to them) to make it work on the K-1. I think they might have cleaned it as well.. it looked sharp (not just optically) when I got it back.

Last edited by mee; 09-13-2017 at 04:58 PM.
09-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Me three! The life of a Pentaxian.....

09-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
Pentaxian

A few weeks ago, my K5 with my Sigma 17-70 Contemporary got knocked off a bench on to a concrete floor. My favorite lens was in two pieces! I didn't really think it was repairable but after a week or so I decided to send it to Sigma for a repair estimate. Much to my delight, for the cost of $170 plus S&H, my favorite zoom is back on my camera as good as new. It took about 2 weeks. According to the repair sheet, they replaced the main barrel and the main PCB rear barrel.

I really expected to be buying a new lens as I thought the repairs would be close to the replacement cost. Thanks Sigma! A job well done![COLOR="Silver"]

Last edited by reeftool; 09-15-2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: posted twice for some reason
09-18-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I sent my 150-400mm in for repair a few years ago because I was notching a bit of ratcheting in the focusing dial. They changed the whole complete focus motor cleaned the lens and returned it in record time all for free. They told me they don't see these lenses very often and that they used the last motor available and won't be able to repair it if need be in the future. It's worked like a charm since and I cannot say enough about the service they offer.
12-22-2017, 02:25 AM   #7

I own the famous 18-35mm Art from sigma and I'm waiting new available sigma product lens for the K-mount since a while but it looks that Sigma won't release any ...!? :-(

12-22-2017, 04:16 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yan nick Quote
I own the famous 18-35mm Art from sigma and I'm waiting new available sigma product lens for the K-mount since a while but it looks that Sigma won't release any ...!? :-(
You will be waiting a long long time. Sigma have a hard enough job keeping up with production for Canon and Nikon, Pentax will be very low down on their list if on there at all.