Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2017, 08:15 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
They also told me they are "working on the tag number now", meaning they are working on the camera
I suspect they were still working on getting authorization (tag number) for the repair. Ricoh has been lax in that regard in the past. I suggest calling Precision directly and leaning hard to find out the status of the work on the camera and where your lens is. Ask for tracking numbers for any items supposedly shipped. Also ask them who at Ricoh they have been talking to regarding authorization for any work held up for that reason. Confirm that they are clear on the nature of the problems you have been having.

Three weeks is not excessive if there is a wait for parts, but is way too long for authorization to start warranty work.

Steve

09-29-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I suspect they were still working on getting authorization (tag number) for the repair. Ricoh has been lax in that regard in the past. I suggest calling Precision directly and leaning hard to find out the status of the work on the camera and where your lens is. Ask for tracking numbers for any items supposedly shipped. Also ask them who at Ricoh they have been talking to regarding authorization for any work held up for that reason. Confirm that they are clear on the nature of the problems you have been having.

Three weeks is not excessive if there is a wait for parts, but is way too long for authorization to start warranty work.

Steve
Thanks for info Steve. I'll get on it on Monday, they don't work on weekends. I'm going to try to clear things up next week
10-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
Called them today, another representative, same questions, third time they're asking for my proof of purchase for the extended warranty. No answer to the question "why I wasn't made aware you have an issue with my warranty, and only now (after more than 3 weeks) you tell me?". One more time they told me they'll call me with an update. So I went ahead and called Pentax. Guy on the phone seemed to take interest in the issue, asked me to forward all documentation and said he'll look into it within next 2 days. Fingers crossed something will happen. I'm super frustrated that they haven't actually done any work on my camera, don't think I'm getting it back in time for foliage turning
12-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Called them today, another representative, same questions, third time they're asking for my proof of purchase for the extended warranty. No answer to the question "why I wasn't made aware you have an issue with my warranty, and only now (after more than 3 weeks) you tell me?". One more time they told me they'll call me with an update. So I went ahead and called Pentax. Guy on the phone seemed to take interest in the issue, asked me to forward all documentation and said he'll look into it within next 2 days. Fingers crossed something will happen. I'm super frustrated that they haven't actually done any work on my camera, don't think I'm getting it back in time for foliage turning
I remember reading information from Precision after I submitted the request for a warranty repair for this same. I can’t remember if it was on the Precision website or in an email from Precision. I sent them a copy of the purchase from B&H, copy of the extended warranty, and the receipt of the purchase of the extended warranty as documented. My K-1 was about a year and a half when the mode dial failed during a photography workshop on night photography and star trails. Fortunately, I was shooting in anyway. Got my repaired K-1 back in a week. Very pleased with the service, quick turn around, and no problems since. Only cost to me was the expedited shipping and insurance to Precision in CT. I did make a couple of calls to Precision and monitored the status on their website.
K1 Mode Dial Failure - PentaxForums.com.