Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2017, 08:31 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
While we're confessing, I stupidly dropped a non-WR camera into a toilet bowl. The camera still takes photos but one button no longer works.
Oh my that's funny. You don't mind if in my imagination it wasn't a clean toilet do you?

11-21-2017, 08:58 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Oh my that's funny. You don't mind if in my imagination it wasn't a clean toilet do you?
I'll take it one more step for you - the stuff of lore - snatched to safety in the last seconds before the final swirl would have swept it out of sight forever!
11-22-2017, 05:00 AM   #33
Pentaxian

If you'd grabbed the IR remote, you could have checked for blockages as you waved it goodbye.
11-22-2017, 07:24 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Fantasizing about my toilet usage?

11-22-2017, 07:25 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Fantasizing about my toilet usage?
Lol. No. Just about the competitive sport of camera toilet fishing.
11-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Lol. No. Just about the competitive sport of camera toilet fishing.
I was fast. It was like noodling (catching catfish by hand). My toilet water was fortunately non-murky.

---------- Post added 11-22-17 at 01:36 PM ----------

@splewis, apologies for the thread derail, we'll pause when you provide an update on your cleaning success.
11-22-2017, 06:07 PM - 3 Likes   #37
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hey everyone. I'm all set. I carefully used Isopropyl alcohol and whatever it was came right off. The sensor is perfectly clean and free of all marks or debris. I tested the camera extensively and the images are perfect. I guess I got my backup-to-the-backup-backup back. Thank you for all your comments, suggestions and encouragement. As far as I'm concerned, this thread is over and everything turned out great. The Pentaxian community is alive and well!