Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-3 top LCD information screen pooched

So I dropped my camera a while back, and sadly, it landed on a rock, on its top.

The popup flash cracked a little, but it's so minor, if you do the know where to look, you can't see it, and it functions perfectly fine.

The LCD however is another story. I'll post pictures when I get around to it. The glass cover is all gone (I removed any remaining pieces, as I didn't want little shards of glass floating around). The screen itself is cracked, and a big splotch formed on the screen. It's still getting power, and trying to display information... It just can't.

I have finally been able to find replacement glass and sealing tape for the k-3, but I still have not been able to find a replacement screen. I can find them for the k-5, but it's a different design.

Does anyone know where one can be found (maybe someone else had a similar thing happen?) Or am I stuck taking it into a repair shop. There IS one locally, but I'm dreading the 300+ cost it's almost bound to be.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-N950W  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-N950W  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-N950W  Photo 

Last edited by Ragnarkov; 02-14-2018 at 03:05 PM.
02-14-2018, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

You can try USCamera.com they say if it isn't listed to contact them which suggests they may be able to order the part you are looking for. They sell the parts service lists for most of the Pentax APC-S cameras. They have the window cover and tape for the K-3 listed and in stock. They will ship internationally.