Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2018, 08:07 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by suraswami Quote
Very sad to see the lens, I guess we should all develop 'do it ourselves' skills (joke).

Good luck.
Maybe they'll just take my serial number badge and throw it on a new one .

05-25-2018, 06:50 PM   #17

A similar thing happened to me with my beloved 50-135. I know exactly when it happened too... my own carelessness *facepalm*. I'll have to wait until I come to the states again this summer to send my beloved off to the lens hospital.
05-25-2018, 07:21 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I have had my 50-135 a grand total of 35 hours and I know I would want another if I broke it. If the SDM ever goes out, it is off to Uncle Vanya.
05-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I have had my 50-135 a grand total of 35 hours and I know I would want another if I broke it. If the SDM ever goes out, it is off to Uncle Vanya.
Always happy to bring that lens back to a more useful condition. It's a fantastic lens!

05-25-2018, 07:34 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Always happy to bring that lens back to a more useful condition. It's a fantastic lens!
It truly is, my copy's SDM is fine and I am quite happy with how quick it is. Not quite PLM quick, but probably about as fast as any of the HSM Sigmas I have had.
05-25-2018, 08:15 PM - 2 Likes   #21

Original Poster
Guess I should update. The lens made it back after about 3 month. She was sent of to Japan to be fixed. Precision let me know before sending it and also advised they'd let me know if there would be additional cost. My baby was sent back to me in perfect working order for the original quoted price. Happy camper

05-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeremytheIndian Quote
Guess I should update. The lens made it back after about 3 month. She was sent of to Japan to be fixed. Precision let me know before sending it and also advised they'd let me know if there would be additional cost. My baby was sent back to me in perfect working order for the original quoted price. Happy camper
What a great outcome! SO Happy she didn't die after that wound!