Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Need DA* 16-50mm weather seal band

Hi there,

I am looking for the weather seal bands, especially the very thin one at the zoom ring, does anyone know where I can get it ?

03-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Somewhere on the site was a list of repair centers - outside of just the warranty one there were others that could order parts too. I'm trying to remember how to pull up the list. If I read your profile correctly you are in Hong Kong - this is old (11 years old!) but might be a lead worth checking into: Digital Camera Repair | Forums- Hong Kong Advice | Hong Kong Expat Forums | AsiaXPAT.com
03-15-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks but the repair cost is too high especially Pentax is not a hot brand here, the task is quite easy so I would rather do it myself.
03-15-2018, 08:20 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
Thanks but the repair cost is too high especially Pentax is not a hot brand here, the task is quite easy so I would rather do it myself.
I was suggesting that this contact may be able to get the parts for you.

03-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I will start googling Japanese websites to look for it, and there may be alternative if I know the spec of the band.

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I was suggesting that this contact may be able to get the parts for you.
03-23-2018, 08:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This is what I was talking about, the 2nd piece just fall apart, now the zoom ring becomes very loose
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LG-H990  Photo 
03-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Most likely a JIS size o-ring. I would remove it and get measurements.
O-Ring Size Charts - Metric O-rings - Standard Size O-rings
03-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #8
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

be advised that it is said if you need to remove the screws on a Pentax lens or camera, you need JIS screw driver

Cross-head screws - a caution: - PentaxForums.com

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/181187-my-c...endations.html

03-23-2018, 04:38 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
be advised that it is said if you need to remove the screws on a Pentax lens or camera, you need JIS screw driver

Cross-head screws - a caution: - PentaxForums.com

My camera tools reccomendations. - PentaxForums.com
And they used lock-tite, at least on the body screws.
03-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #10
mee
Pentaxian

You can still get the screws with a basic jewlers screwdriver, just be aware you could potentially strip the screws. It would be very difficult but the risk is there.. Also tape the tops of your contacts as they are spring loaded.. once you release the screws and lift the mounting ring, they could go flying... and they're tiny. So lift slowly..

I tried for MONTHS and months and months to get a DA* 50-135mm O ring ...no one had them.. so I don't think they're easy to obtain sadly. One other route, beyond repair services, is to buy a junk used copy and just strip it for parts.
05-11-2018, 09:55 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
You can still get the screws with a basic jewlers screwdriver, just be aware you could potentially strip the screws. It would be very difficult but the risk is there.. Also tape the tops of your contacts as they are spring loaded.. once you release the screws and lift the mounting ring, they could go flying... and they're tiny. So lift slowly..

I tried for MONTHS and months and months to get a DA* 50-135mm O ring ...no one had them.. so I don't think they're easy to obtain sadly. One other route, beyond repair services, is to buy a junk used copy and just strip it for parts.
I opened the lens couple times tried to fix the SDM but unsuccessful and I gave up, the lens is still working great and very sharp, only little loose on the focus and zoom ring, I won't bother try to fix the seal again, I will keep using it until I upgrade to FF.

---------- Post added 05-12-18 at 01:02 PM ----------

Thanks for the tip, but I can't get the exact measurement coz it already broke into pieces.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Most likely a JIS size o-ring. I would remove it and get measurements.
O-Ring Size Charts - Metric O-rings - Standard Size O-rings

Last edited by lotech; 05-11-2018 at 10:01 PM.