Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #1

Repair and CLA service for Minolta camera

Hello all,
I am a Pentax and K-mount user and have several Pentax and Chinon cameras. However, on a whim I just acquired a Minolta XD-7 film SLR, a camera that enjoys a very good reputation in photographic circles.
The camera is not working and needs a thorough repair and CLA by a professional. I shall contact Eric Hendrickson but I don't think he will be able to help. Does anyone know a US-based service that would do a good job?
Thanks in advance for any advice or help!

03-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #2

Terry's Camera Repair in California used to be the equivalent of Eric Hendrickson for Minolta. Factory trained and bought spare parts and test equipment from Minolta when they shut down. He closed his brick and mortar store years ago and was working from home but his website went dark a couple years later. I don't know if he just neglected the website, retired or passed away. Terry wasn't cheap but he was fantastic and would replace missing caps, worn neck strap hangers, etc. with OEM parts.

If you search Yelp or archive.org I think you can still find reviews or cached pages of his website and a phone number. I could never work up the nerve to try calling the number.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110116222212/http://terryscamerarepair.com:80/

Garry's Camera got some rave reviews both positive and negative on some of the Minolta Yahoo Groups.
Garry's Camera Repair

Last edited by Not a Number; 03-18-2018 at 11:56 AM.
03-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxis Quote
I just acquired a Minolta XD-7 film SLR,
The camera is not working and needs a thorough repair and CLA by a professional. Does anyone know a US-based service that would do a good job?
Not cheap, but because they get so much gear, they may have the spare parts; KEH repairs:

Repair at KEH Camera Store

However for $89, they currently have an XD-11 (Euro equivalent of the US XD-7) in excellent condition. You could keep yours for spare parts or even possibly get a discount by trading in yours.

Minolta XD-7 Chrome (Euro XD-11) 35mm Camera Body at KEH Camera Store
03-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for your help!

Thank you so much for your help, Not a Number!

Since posting my request I did a search online and, maybe by coincidence, found a link to Garry's Camera. I just sent them an e-mail to get a rough estimate. I also sent an e-mail to Eric Hendrickson but he seems to be dedicated to Pentax only. Maybe I am wrong.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

---------- Post added 03-18-18 at 12:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
Not cheap, but because they get so much gear, they may have the spare parts; KEH repairs:

Repair at KEH Camera Store

However for $89, they currently have an XD-11 (Euro equivalent of the US XD-7) in excellent condition. You could keep yours for spare parts or even possibly get a discount by trading in yours.

Minolta XD-7 Chrome (Euro XD-11) 35mm Camera Body at KEH Camera Store
Thanks very much, Alex! I shall check KEH out. I have also e-mailed Eric Hendrickson and Garry's Camera.