Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Seals & such kit for Ricoh XR7?

I went and purchased a new to me Ricoh XR7 via fleabay. It seems to function quite well but the light seals are shot and the mirror damper seems to be a bit less than excellent. Where do I get a seals kit that includes a mirror damper pad for this camera? I contacted Jon Goodman, who seems to offer many such kits, and he's got the XR6 covered but not the XR7. I emailed him directly and responded that he didn't know that the XR6 kit would work for the XR7.

Read a couple negative online comments (on other forums) about USCamera.com and their kits. I'm fine with buying bulk materials and cutting my own kit if that makes the most sense. Guidance on that would be very appreciated if that's the smart route.

Also, yes, I bought a film camera before getting film developed from my time using a loaner XR7. Just how I roll, I guess.

03-26-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You may try Aki-Asahi Camera Coverings - they don't have a set for XR7, but some generic seals are available.
03-26-2018, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

The XR6 amd XR7 use the same kit,they are the same bodies, the XR6 is Auto only, while the XR7 has Auto, Manual modes and multi exposure, the XR10 or KR10 Super are the XR7 minus multi exposure. I think the same kit also works for the XR-P and KR-30sp
03-26-2018, 05:45 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I wondered if the XR6 and XR7 frames were similar enough to use the same kit. Thanks!