Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2018, 03:43 PM   #1

Average Cost of 6x7 CLA

I know this have been asked many times before none of recent though 😪 but anyone knows the average cost of a Pentax "6x7" CLA or general service these days. I know of Eric but he has to see the camera before he gives a final cost. My camera works well but seems to have little frame spacing issues.

04-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know this doesn't answer your question, but in my experience
Eric is invariably the most affordable reputable repairer I know.

Chris
04-20-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Enthusiast_trini Quote
I know this have been asked many times before none of recent though �� but anyone knows the average cost of a Pentax "6x7" CLA or general service these days. I know of Eric but he has to see the camera before he gives a final cost. My camera works well but seems to have little frame spacing issues.
I thought I was going to be able to answer this definitively for you because I got an estimate from Eric for my 67 from Eric about a year and a half ago but unfortunately that email has gone missing and I really can't recall what the figure was. Not even a little. My guess is in the $150-250 range but as Chris stated, there really are few other options going. Eric's work is excellent. He's done four cameras for me over the past 5 or 6 years and I'm fixing to send him a couple cameras in the next week or so in fact.

---------- Post added 04-20-18 at 09:52 PM ----------

Also, is your issue overlapping frames, too close for comfort, too large spacing, or erratic? The cost may seem large for a CLA but it will not be something that needs be done again for a very long time.

---------- Post added 04-20-18 at 09:54 PM ----------

p.p.s. Not sure where you're located but if it's anywhere near Western Wasington state, I know an excellent repair tech (semi-retired) that runs a very small shop in North Seattle. His bread and butter back in the 70s and 80s was servicing 67s in the Bay area, so he knows what he's doing.
04-21-2018, 06:55 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply guys... I think I’ll just send it in just to be safe depite being costly right now. It’s going worth it in the long run. Btw I’m located overseas in the Caribbean so I have basically have one chance atm.

01-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Eyewanders Quote
I thought I was going to be able to answer this definitively for you because I got an estimate from Eric for my 67 from Eric about a year and a half ago but unfortunately that email has gone missing and I really can't recall what the figure was. Not even a little. My guess is in the $150-250 range but as Chris stated, there really are few other options going. Eric's work is excellent. He's done four cameras for me over the past 5 or 6 years and I'm fixing to send him a couple cameras in the next week or so in fact.

---------- Post added 04-20-18 at 09:52 PM ----------

Also, is your issue overlapping frames, too close for comfort, too large spacing, or erratic? The cost may seem large for a CLA but it will not be something that needs be done again for a very long time.

---------- Post added 04-20-18 at 09:54 PM ----------

p.p.s. Not sure where you're located but if it's anywhere near Western Wasington state, I know an excellent repair tech (semi-retired) that runs a very small shop in North Seattle. His bread and butter back in the 70s and 80s was servicing 67s in the Bay area, so he knows what he's doing.
I'm interested in the same information. I have a 6x7 that needs CLA and a little help. I'm in western Washington. Any help would be appreciated.
01-10-2020, 06:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JWHenderson Quote
I'm interested in the same information. I have a 6x7 that needs CLA and a little help. I'm in western Washington. Any help would be appreciated.
Eric's email is pentaxrepairs@aol.com - just send him a note to ask.
Depending on his schedule and workload he can be slow to respond sometimes. Other times he's very quick - it really depends - he gets a LOT of inquiries.

Another good resource in our area to check out is Advance Camera in Portland. They get top marks from every I know that's dealt with them.
Advance Camera Repair | Camera repair, sales + service in Portland, OR

Also Shot on Film Store in Seattle is new and I've a few friends that love Ken there though i've no personal experience.
It's a film-centric camera store but I think they do repairs as well.
The Shot on Film Store

My two go-tos in the Seattle area have close in the past couple years (my favorite was up in way North Seattle but he was part-time, semi-retired for quite a long time and has finally stopped altogether.) I unfortunately do *not* recommend "Camera Techs" in Ballard.
01-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Eyewanders Quote
Eric's email is pentaxrepairs@aol.com - just send him a note to ask.
Depending on his schedule and workload he can be slow to respond sometimes. Other times he's very quick - it really depends - he gets a LOT of inquiries.

Another good resource in our area to check out is Advance Camera in Portland. They get top marks from every I know that's dealt with them.
Advance Camera Repair | Camera repair, sales + service in Portland, OR

Also Shot on Film Store in Seattle is new and I've a few friends that love Ken there though i've no personal experience.
It's a film-centric camera store but I think they do repairs as well.
The Shot on Film Store

My two go-tos in the Seattle area have close in the past couple years (my favorite was up in way North Seattle but he was part-time, semi-retired for quite a long time and has finally stopped altogether.) I unfortunately do *not* recommend "Camera Techs" in Ballard.
Thanks so much for the info! I've heard of, but haven't tried, Shot on Film Store. I'll give Eric a try first and see if he's got the time. I've heard horror stories from the other places in Seattle so I've been avoiding them. Again. much appreciated.