Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2018, 06:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax Super A/Super Program camera base plate

Sorry for the double posting but realized my question should probably be placed here rather than in the film SLR section

Does anyone know if the base plate from another Pentax camera model (e.g. the M series) will fit a Pentax Super A/Super Program camera?

I bought one but the base plate is quite dented and I would like to replace it. If other camera bodies can also be used that will make it easier.

The Super A basically uses the same body as the Super ME and the base plate appears almost the same except for the winder contact points.

Thank you

Theo

Last edited by Theov39; 04-25-2018 at 08:13 PM.
04-25-2018, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the camera functions as it should, I would just roll with it.
It is called character marks.
You know what will happen if you replaced the base plate with a new one, don't you

Clarence
04-25-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by c.perkins Quote
If the camera functions as it should, I would just roll with it.
It is called character marks.
You know what will happen if you replaced the base plate with a new one, don't you

Clarence
I think you are right. Where do you stop once you start?

The impression in the base is actually from a tripod so either the metal is very soft or the previous user very strong! I gave the camera a good CLA myself and everything appears to be working as it should.

Last edited by Theov39; 04-25-2018 at 08:55 PM.
04-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I noticed that the baseplate of my Super-A was "missing" the winder cover. After a bit of research i concluded that the model was never supplied with one. Does yours have one ?

I am referring to the circular hole in the baseplate where the battery powered winder mechanism would connect to.

04-25-2018, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I noticed that the baseplate of my Super-A was "missing" the winder cover. After a bit of research i concluded that the model was never supplied with one. Does yours have one ?

I am referring to the circular hole in the baseplate where the battery powered winder mechanism would connect to.
Attached is a photo of my camera's base plate. There is no cover over the winder mechanical connection.

The electrical connections are circled in yellow. Also no cover.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot S100  Photo 
04-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
UMC

Photos: Gallery
No, Super A / Super program had neither a cover for the winder coupling nor anything that covered the contacts. Interesting though that the earlier ME Super did have a winder cover.