Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #1

K20D help - forgets time and date

When I take my battery out of my K20 I lose the time setting. My understanding is there is something inside that holds an electrical charge for a period of time after the battery is out. Well mine does not 😟 Even if I pull the battery for a moment it looses its memory. Has anyone in countered this? Any suggestions on a fix. (I have tried to leave the camera plugged into an ac adapter to give the capacitor a good charge, no luck)

05-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Q is doing the same, old age.......
05-14-2018, 12:58 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My K20 does that too. Keeps time slipping back to 2008 or so. Somewhere in there is a small battery that is no longer holding charge.
05-14-2018, 02:55 AM   #4

There is a small rechargeable battery./ accumulator soldered to the mainboard that no longer will hold a charge. There only solutions are to replace the battery or set the time. It is not considered user replaceable. Seiko part number is mentioned in the threads below. I suppose you could plug in the AC adapter before removing the battery.

Clock resets with battery change - PentaxForums.com
Date and time lost without batery - PentaxForums.com